New HK45 - Range report and questions. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: New HK45 - Range report and questions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick101ABN View Post
    ^^^ Yes please . Pics that we can actually see .
    New HK45 - Range report and questions.-pic1.jpg New HK45 - Range report and questions.-pic2.jpg New HK45 - Range report and questions.-pic3.jpg New HK45 - Range report and questions.-pic4.jpg New HK45 - Range report and questions.-pic5.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New HK45 - Range report and questions.-hk45pic.jpg  
    hken likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    Very interesting TooSixy! Thanks for the heads up.

Saw a new BH Dated HK45 last month at the LGS, it had everything on it, including the new stippling, the blank slide HK45 does have a clean look to it.
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Clean look? More like naked. Dunno. I've become so used to the alphabet soup on the older HK slide. Guess it's me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I prefer the older look. And wish they would increase the mag capacity to 12. I don't remember why didn't do that. Can't be the mag size right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vtducrider View Post
    I prefer the older look. And wish they would increase the mag capacity to 12. I don't remember why didn't do that. Can't be the mag size right?
    I think its the ergonomic grip that prevents the capacity to be raised to 12 rounds.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fljoemon View Post
    I think its the ergonomic grip that prevents the capacity to be raised to 12 rounds.
    I think I would take that "like a glove" grip over an extra two rounds any day. Granted I am in Communist NY so I don't gwt much of a choice in the matter I still believe the ergos, increased accuracy, and comfort that I personally have experienced (your experiences may vary) more than make up for the two rounds.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vtducrider View Post
    And wish they would increase the mag capacity to 12. I don't remember why didn't do that. Can't be the mag size right?
    If you read or listen to the development of HK45 series interview with Vickers/Hackathorn they were looking to make the grip as ergonomic and slim as possible compared to the normal USP45 - so instead of developing the pistol around the existing USP45 12 round magazine, they took the slimmer USPc 8 round mad and extended it to the length of the fullsize pistol which made it a 10 round capacity yet still retained a slim ergonomic grip in the frame of the HK45.
    TheJerkman likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I also kind of wish that it had 2 more rounds while retaining the ergo grips but 10 of 45ACP is good enough for me.

What I don't understand is the magazine base seems to be un-necessarily thick because it feels like it still has some room left with 10 rounds loaded. It could fit flush with the frame with a thinner base. I am sure there is a good reason for this. Maybe someone can shed some light?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    If you read or listen to the development of HK45 series interview with Vickers/Hackathorn they were looking to make the grip as ergonomic and slim as possible compared to the normal USP45 - so instead of developing the pistol around the existing USP45 12 round magazine, they took the slimmer USPc 8 round mad and extended it to the length of the fullsize pistol which made it a 10 round capacity yet still retained a slim ergonomic grip in the frame of the HK45.
    From my untrained eyes, I really can't tell what mechanical or physical limitation an extended USPc 8 round mag imposes. After they made it bigger, it appears to be about the same size as USP45 mags. Certainly not 20% smaller.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

From what I understand, the width of the magazine bodies is the difference between USP45 and HK45 magazines - so yes although the length may be similar it is the width that would accomodate rounds (for example look at Glock's double stack 45ACP magazine, it is THICK)

Which is also why the USPc 45 takes only its own magazine (same as HK45C) and cannot take a fullsize 12 round USP45 magazine as a backup (you have to use "elephant foot" HK45 magazines in the USPc 45)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links