VP9 Long Slide review - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: VP9 Long Slide review

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonFrost View Post
    Excellent!! I am hoping to get one asap! Thanks for the right up, hope to see you running it at area 6!
    Hey Jon. I will probably shoot it at Area 6--even if it is not approved by then. I may be shooting it in Open division, but if I do, I'll shoot it straight up as a Production gun, and then compare my results to Production overall.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTICDETH View Post
    Must remember the 6 clicks down.

Zeroing is the fun part.
    I wouldn't put too much stock in that--each kit might be different.

And, hell...I just changed my front sight last night to a .100Wx.170T Dawson, so I'll have to go re-zero this afternoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the review, being new to the VP9, all your efforts help us newbies tremendously, hey we all start out learning from others in some form or another
    Thanks again and nice grouping

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

@razzman1 you were supposed to get that done last night!!!!!!!!!

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bystok View Post

@razzman1 you were supposed to get that done last night!!!!!!!!!
    LOL. I know. Had to stay late and chase bad guys. Hopefully tonight.
    bystok likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razzman1 View Post
    Hey Jon. I will probably shoot it at Area 6--even if it is not approved by then. I may be shooting it in Open division, but if I do, I'll shoot it straight up as a Production gun, and then compare my results to Production overall.
    Ahh, I didn't even think of that. Shoot. Well it's not approved I may switch to limited, or just shoot production with the vp9 or p30. Either way I will be trying to watch you shoot. I stalk you at all matches, lol. Hope to squad with you one day.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So I got impatient waiting for CompTac to make us a long slide holster, so I broke out the heat gun. About 30 seconds later (which was about 10 seconds too long), and presto...The long slide fits perfectly. While the front sight hangs out of the holster juuuust barely, there is enough distance between it and the sight channel, that I don't think there is any way to snag it on the draw. I'll get a new L model CompTac when they come out, but for now this is fine.

JonFrost likes this.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P2000SK

I know this pistol has been around forever, but being in Kalifornia we have few new H&K pistols that we can buy! Took the opportunity to get one in 9mm and put several magazines through it. Despite its small size, it is quite manageable to keep on target. I had a series of stove-pipes but rack that up to being so new. It’s just a matter of putting more copper through it. Also, I will hot them up a bit.

The bonus for me (with a P30, and two VP9s) is the magazine interchangeability. With guidance from others herein, I plan to swap out the mag release and get the grip filler for the larger mags.

An enjoyable piece!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Since I was able to participate in the group buy I wanted to contribute some information. I spent a couple of hours with and about 500 rounds through the kit. The following photos are of B-8 targets.

VP9 Long Slide review-img_1429.jpg

This is shot off of a sandbag from 25 yards with 124 gr. Xtreme hollowpoints using Titegroup

VP9 Long Slide review-img_1428.jpg

This group is Hornady 147 Hornady XTP's using Bullseye powder off of a sandbag.

Comparing the above loads with a chronograph on the same day, same weather and same lighting conditions. I saw about a 1.5% increase in FPS with the titegroup and about a 3% increase in FPS with the 147's and Bullseye powder. I was surprised by this, I really thought I would see a larger bump in velocity with the VP9L over the VP9.

I own 3 VP9's and with this kit I was able to salvage the one VP9 that was kind of a dog accuracy wise. The pistol that the VP9L sits on now shot 5 inch groups at 25 with the factory barrel and maybe 4 inch groups with the Victory First Match Barrel. With this kit I shot a mix of 115's, 124's, and 147's and I was more than content with the accuracy of all loads, ecstatic is more like it.

I heated up a Bravo Concealment holster I had for the VP9 with a hair dryer and once it was hot enough I pushed the VP9L in, making it fit. I haven't noticed any difference in my draw speed or time to target. This is the first pistol I've had with adjustable sights and not sure if they will stay on or not. I might put Dawson Precision on the front and 10-8 Performance on the rear. Just in the interest of standardizing with my other 2. I'm pretty happy with this purchase. I'll be shooting this in ESP this year and barring any catastrophe with the kit, it will be the gun I shoot the IDPA World shoot in Taladega this year.

Hope this helps,
    Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was just getting ready to ask on the forum about possible holsters that might fit with this kit, then I seen this post. Picked up a kit for my VP9 today and shot it later on, very accurate and glad I got it. Will have to give the G21 holster a try for it, thanks for that info

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links