IMM Match Weight causing failure to eject in brand new p30l
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IMM Match Weight causing failure to eject in brand new p30l

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default IMM Match Weight causing failure to eject in brand new p30l

So I fired 350 rounds today on a brand new p30l 9mm and without the compensator, it functioned great, with one failure to eject on the third mag once. So I decided to put a matchweight compensator on it, and man, every round was failure to eject. I thought it might have been my 115 gr ammo, so I tried it with a 124gr, better, but every 2-3 rounds stovepiped. Tried to loosen the screws just in case it was binding the slide, and still the same result. Emailed IMM Holdings, waiting for an answer...

Edit: I removed the compensator and it fired flawlessly.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- keep us updated on IMM response!!!

Tony

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Bummer. I do know that p30L's need a bit of a break in, but that seems like the comp is causing an issue. Glad the gun runs fine without it. Hope you get it worked out, the p30 is a great pistol. Welcome!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I talked to Aaron from immholdings and he told me to clean the factory grease and break in the gun a little bit more. And if that didn’t work he will replace the comp or refund my money 100%. Great service

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jlau0504 View Post
    I talked to Aaron from immholdings and he told me to clean the factory grease and break in the gun a little bit more. And if that didn’t work he will replace the comp or refund my money 100%. Great service
    Keep us updated!!!

Tony

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

That's really strange. I have IMM match weights on 2 of my HKs, and have never had any malfunctions. Yeah, clean and break-in your gun for another 200 rounds without the weight of course, then see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So, I taught my cousin to shoot for the first time on the platform, without the comp, as an opportunity to break it in, and I noticed that it is very VERY unforgiving to limp wristing. He was fte every round. So when I put the comp back on, I held it extra extra steady, fte the 1st and 2nd, then 7th, then 12th. Then, just like magic, it stopped malfunctioning and finally fired an entire mag without malfunctioning. I had to stop after that to teach my cousin some more, but it seemed like the new spring and the factory grease was the issue, and it’s only going to get better.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I am running a Match Weight on a USP Expert and it works great. I need to get one on my Elite.
    HK - No Compromise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I too have put on the rail comp from HK Parts on my P30L. Every 3rd shot was a stove pipe. The gun is very new. I put 300 rounds of zero 113 gr bullets thru it with no issues. As soon as I put the comp on, I started getting the stove pipes. They next day 150 more w/o comp and no issues. Will try the comp again after a few more hundred rounds.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I have the rail comp. I using a little stouter Ammo and have had zero fte.
    I just purchased the IMM weight so I can do a comparison. Several people on here keep asking the difference and which is better. And if the comp makes any difference versus just the weight.

Doc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links