Mark23
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Nifty
  • 1 Post By josh_ua92

Thread: Mark23

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Mark23

First - thanks to all who coerced me into acquiring this.

I got 2 boxes of American Eagle and went through both last night. No misfeeds or anything like that.

The recoil/kick, whatever, is no where near as much as I thought it would be. I had seen reviews online from people who said a suppressor was required to weigh down the front or calm the gun down. Some guy who did a review I saw a few days ago didn't like the gun, didn't find it accurate, so I was thinking what did I do. I'm not the strongest person but I didn't find this hard to handle at all.

This shoots straight, or where you aim. The sight picture is just like the USP. Trigger in SA mode is really, really nice. I should have taken a pick of the target when i was done. I'm nowhere a great shot but I was very consistent from 15 = 25 yards. 80% of my shots were withing a square foot of each other. Many of them much tighter. I took a few shots propped off my bag on a table, and it's deadly consistent. When I "missed", that was consistent too, so I am thinking the pistol will make you a better shooter over time. It's really fun to shoot from longer distances. Next range trip I'll get on one of the longer bays and see what I can do.

I wasn't sure how to hold it though. I tried a few different positions with my off (left) hand and nothing felt proper. I did settle with a grip that worked but it's not exactly how I hold anything else. The grip itself isn't overly large. Still not as comfortable to me as the VP9.

The Safety/decocker operation took a bit of time to get used to. (Different than the USP). I don't plan on carrying this loaded anywhere so I'm good there.

Assembly, the placement of the pin, is slightly stubborn. Before shooting and took it all down and then after shooting took it down to clean it. The pin doesn't want to go back in easily. If someone knows a trick here let me know. I just eventually forced it in.

Lastly, after shooting this, my VP9 feels small, and my USPc feels like a pocket gun. I took all three with me.

If you ever had the opportunity, this is really one of those must haves.
    sabre675 and Lamont like this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Thanks for the report--- the Mark 23 will be my apocalyptic sidearm (thigh holster), with USP45 backup (side holster)!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the review the Mark23 is on my short list maybe a birthday gift

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Nice report. Glad you're enjoying your gun. People who criticize the Mk23 just don't how to shoot it properly, get frustrated with it easily, and blame the gun and not themselves. And that's a pity. As with anything you get into, you have to keep an open mind. I shot and enjoyed my USP40 and USP45 for nearly a year, until I decided I wanted the 23. Buying the 23 is the best firearm purchase I have made thus far.

As for the slide lock pin, mine was really hard to remove and insert initially. But after 5 or so take-downs spanning 2500 rounds or so, it does get easier as the gun loosens up. Just play with it, and don't force it too hard. It'll be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love mine. Now get the Knights suppressor for it. Just incredible that it is such a well balanced package. you'd assume otherwise as you are attaching the can to that beast

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Be sure to check out the group buy section. There is a super good quality / low profile Surefire adapter that’s being made right now
    Lamont likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Congrats on the gun and report! It is a great gun!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing your range experience. I love the MARK 23. It'a a great pistol.
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

Sponsored Links