PMM comp vs. Long Slide

Thread: PMM comp vs. Long Slide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default PMM comp vs. Long Slide

I took both my long side and standard slide with threaded HK barrel and PMM comp to the range. I found the comp to be reasonably accurate(see pic of 40 rounds offhand at 15 meters). The comp slide was unreliable with "target" ammo with one stove pipe per mag. With +P ammo it was completely reliable.

Accuracy with both was about the same at this range. Funny but on plates at 20 meters, I found the long slide to be quicker.

I'm going to go back to normal for carry on the standard slide and sell the threaded barrel and comp.

The long slide is sweet. I need to try it at a longer range.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PMM comp vs. Long Slide-target.jpg  

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

What many don't understand about comps (physics rather) is that hotter/higher pressure is going to yield more to the comp's design. Mo comp is not mo better w/ weak range ammo. Where it pays dividends is trying to get a carry rig (smaller gun/shorter grip) to run better and more like a long slide...if the shooter is able to exploit such benefits.

Though I will say, it's a clue that a lot of these mid/upper-mid tier instructors who were super into "Roland special" stuff a few years ago are seen shooting a lot more 17/34 size guns on the flat range with no comps. I wouldn't be shocked if comp popularity once again nosedives in a few years due to some of the misunderstandings and poor designs out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Funny you should mention the Rowland. I shot a .460 Rowland 1911 for a while. Accurate and of course poweful but I could never find a mag that wouldn't disassemble itself after about 10 rounds.

As I've gotten older I appreciate less recoil. Many think comps reduce recoil but it's mostly muzzle flip

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi View Post
    Funny you should mention the Rowland. I shot a .460 Rowland 1911 for a while. Accurate and of course poweful but I could never find a mag that wouldn't disassemble itself after about 10 rounds.

As I've gotten older I appreciate less recoil. Many think comps reduce recoil but it's mostly muzzle flip
    "Roland"...as in "Roland Deschain"...the screen name/alias (and fictional character) of the individual who "broke the net" with the KKM comp'd G19...that was actually supposed to be a joke. Later nicknamed the "Roland Special".

Not the 460 Rowland

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Thanks for the comparison and report--- nice placement!!!

Tony

Sponsored Links