P30 v3

Thread: P30 v3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P30 v3

So, I accidentally bought a P30 last week and finally got to shoot it.

5 mags of 124 g ammo
    10 - 20 yards.

I didn't clean or do anything to it, literally pulled it right out of the case. This pistol is 5 years old. No failures, mis-feeds, hiccups. I would have shot it more, but we had too many other things to try.

Compared to the VP9 (7.34 in), its slightly shorter (7.12 in). There is something about the weight or balance that makes this really easy to handle. I'll go out again and shoot both side by side. When I first shot the VP9, everything was 1 - 2 inches low. I eventually changed the sights out and it leveled off. First shot with the P30, right where I aimed. Shoots flat, true to the sight picture.

There is some comfort in the trigger pull when de-cocked. I don't shoot enough to start changing around what I carry though. I need more practice. My EDC is a 9mm USPc which I've had for 6 months, but I'm seriously considering changing down the road. The P30s grip feels so much better and I didn't try any changes there yet.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Thanks for the report--- keep the USP9c as your personal companion!!!

Tony

Banned

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It is a great gun. However, I don't think you are getting anything extra for the money over a glock, smith, or ruger. except more expensive magazines. you can almost get a custom 1911 for the price.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Nifty;3555384]So, I accidentally bought a P30 last week and finally got to shoot it.

I am curious how you accidentally bought a P30?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=dave7120;3555680]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
    So, I accidentally bought a P30 last week and finally got to shoot it.

I am curious how you accidentally bought a P30?
    I walked in the shop with no plans to buy that or anything else. The gun manager is a great guy and knows every regular customer by name and honestly seems to remember everything you buy. He mentioned they had run across one in the back, NIB that had been there for some time (about 4 years) and he asked it I was interested. 575 out the door. It was an accident. :)

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I hear you on that, sounds like you got a good buy. I’ve done the same thing myself a time or two, I’m just not sure I call it an accident though.

Sponsored Links