Brief test of two ETS and KCI Mags Today - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Brief test of two ETS and KCI Mags Today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
    That is a PTR bolt? Do you have a caliper to measure the width of the bottom of the bolt head by any chance?
    Here are the dimensions from my PTR-9CT and PTR-9KT bolts(same dimension). My first bad mag has been replaced with a functional mag from KCI-USA and the second request for repair/replace had been initiated.

Last pic is the internal dimensions on the new 2nd bad mag out of the 4 KCI-USA gen 2 mags I bought.

I believe it is the right thing to do letting a manufacturer correct an error. Otherwise it would have only taken a few minutes to set up a mill to remove what amounts about a millimeter width to the dimension within the feed lips.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brief test of two ETS and KCI Mags Today-img_6481_1581904182511.jpg   Brief test of two ETS and KCI Mags Today-img_6482_1581904198337.jpg   Brief test of two ETS and KCI Mags Today-img_6485_1581904211619.jpg  
    Last edited by Tangotag; 02-17-2020 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Cleaning up the post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For reference this is the dimensions for a '77 15 round mag (my old "MP5 HK" have the widest spread of my mags) and a new "Made in Germany" 30 rounder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brief test of two ETS and KCI Mags Today-img_6483_1581904822858.jpg   Brief test of two ETS and KCI Mags Today-img_6484_1581904897146.jpg   Brief test of two ETS and KCI Mags Today-img_6488_1581904915735.jpg  

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Nice Mitutoyo, I have the same model.

I'll have to check those dimensions against an HK bolt head when I get back. Thanks for posting!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Adding a reference point. 2 new gen 2 KCI’s with 115 blazer \ 115 sb hp. About 100 rounds of blazer and a couple HPs through each with sp5. No hiccups whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Day 17 waiting for KCI-USA to respond to a web submitted RMA request on the bad mag I posted above. Also no response here from PM.
    I’ll give them a month then fix it myself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

i have probably 10 kci mags that i have gotten at different shoots. They all functioned flawlessly in FA and SA, as well as in all 4 different weapons ive ran them in.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Just received the two Gen 2 mags that I ordered. Using an RCM bolt as a measuring gauge (all of my tools are at work!), I noted a significant difference in the width between feed lips between the two mags. One was similar to the gap in a comparison SP5 magazine, the other was much tighter; it firmly contacted both sides of the bolt. It was not, however, as tight as the mag posted by Tangotag in post #4, and neither mag prevented the bolt from closing on an empty magazine. The feed lips on this mag were definitely closer together at the front than at the rear, and the front of the feed lips were what was contacting the RCM bolt used as a gauge. I adjusted the feed lips of this magazine so that they were roughly parallel. Its feed lip gap is now similar to the first mag, and also to the control SP5 magazine. Hopefully I'll get the chance to run them over the next couple of days.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Took both of the Gen 2 mags to the range this afternoon. The mag that didn't need feed lip adjustment ran perfectly. The other mag failed to feed the first round and failed to feed twice more out of 30 rounds, possibly the feed lip dimensions but equally possibly the following issue: It was also almost impossible to load to capacity as the follower hung up more than once during loading, requiring me to bump the baseplate against a surface to settle the rounds and follower. I give them a "thumbs down" rating and won't be buying any more until KCI demonstrates that they've dealt with their QC issues.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bought 2 ets mp5 magazines for my sp5 and sp5k. Neither one will insert and lock in either one of my sp5k and sp5. I had to modified them heavily to get them to insert and lock. My older Korean mag works fine in both sp5 and sp5k perfectly.
    I had the same issue with ets Glock mag in my kriss vector. Again, all the standard length can’t lock because the base was too thick. Ets, please get your act together and follow the oem mag spec. Thanks.
    My friend told me.
    Pencil does not misspell, people do.
    Gun does not kill people, people do.

Pistols
    HKP30s HKVP9

Rifles
    HK SL8/PSG8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links