HKPRO Forums banner

P7M8 range day

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  majorbanjo 
#1 ·
I’ve been shooting P7’s for about 20 years but realized I hadn’t shot my M8 since about 2015, so today I rectified that. A few things I had forgotten... the gun points high, almost glockish; the gun sits low in the hand -almost no muzzle rise; the ergonomics are outstanding- I use my middle finger on the mag release and the squeeze cocker to drop the slide. I noticed that my slide is going a little plum (it’s an AE I bought new). Adds character. Accuracy was as remembered, outstanding.

So there, my first post after years of lurking.

Mike

#5 · (Edited)
I think you are right. I’m not saving it for the next owner and I have the requisite spare parts!

BTW Hopefully the next owner will be my daughter. I don’t think she has shot it yet, need to remedy next time she is home.

Plum =oxidation... hmmm

Thank you moderator for moving this post to the right place. I learn fast, honest.

#6 ·
So I bought this one new in 2004 after a series of some good some bad used P7s and M8s... I traded like 6 guns plus a bunch of cash for it because my daughter was turning 7 and I figured it was the most child safest gun to own. Hopefully she will enjoy owning it one day. But not soon :)

#8 ·
my first handgun as an adult was a p7m13 (in australia) but had to hand it into the numbnut politicians in 1997 (the year i came to the states). Now a citizen i re-bought a P7m13 ~ 3 years ago - was actually within 100 serial numbers of that gun in Australia. I recently got a P7M8 and cant believe i didnt buy it first, nicer in the hand for sure. The P7m13 really does feel like a 4x2 in ones hand ....

#11 ·
I can’t imagine having to turn in a P7M13 to the politicians. That would have hurt me badly. I’d really like to hear more about how that process went. Was the gun registered to you so they knew you had it? I would have had to bury the M13 in my backyard to keep it from them and told them I lost it in a boating accident...I’m glad to hear you were eventually able to pick another one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I meant in terms of how it points. To me, P225/P228/P210 sigs, CZ's and 1911's point naturally. Glock 19 held the same way point very high, I have to cock my wrist down from my natural position. The P7M8 also requires me to cock my wrist down, maybe not as much as a G19. The HK also sits very low in the hand like a G gun (or P210 or CZ).

#13 ·
I bought my new born daughter in 2004 a p7m8 25 year anniversary gun. I wanted her to eventually own a commemorative of her dads favorite handgun of all time that shares a 25th birth year with her first birth year. She loves to look at it and handle it.
It’ll be something she can keep to remember me by after i’m gone, or sell it for some new rims for her car [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.