HKPRO Forums banner

TPM P5SD: MP5SD Review and footage

11K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  PapaFoxtrot 
#1 ·
My ATF Form 4 for the TPM SD suppressor was approved within 41 days (unheard of speed), but my local ranges were subject to my state's stay-at-home orders. Here is some GoPro footage from yesterday's trip. This is my TPM P5SD SBR (2 stamps)

I had one failure to feed on the second shot: the bolt carrier just didn't strip a cartridge out of the POF magazine. After reseating the magazine, no issues for the rest of the shooting.

How it handled: I was expecting something closer to a suppressed MP5 with a full sized can. This TPM P5SD is significantly quieter (from my experience). I swear that the bolt carrier cycling was louder than the actual gunshot. The felt recoil was closer to firing a .22LR rifle. If my glasses weren't fogging up due to the face mask requirement, I'd mag dump... it's that good.

Things to note: A lot of smoke is trapped inside the suppressor and barrel. You can see it venting any time I applied pressure on the trigger or locked the bolt to the rear. Constant shooting made the suppressor too hot to store away after my range time ended. I ended up leaving with 5 inches of can sticking out of the soft carry case.

Specs:
  • TPM P5SD (short barreled rifle, 23 day approval)
  • TPM MP5SD 12 inch SD Suppressor (41 day approval)
  • KCI and POF magazines
  • 120 rounds Winchester 124 grain 9mm NATO plus or minus 2

Gun Shooting sport Recreation Shooting Sport venue

See less See more
1 1
#5 ·
My ATF Form 4 for the TPM SD suppressor was approved within 41 days (unheard of speed), but my local ranges were subject to my state's stay-at-home orders. Here is some GoPro footage from yesterday's trip. This is my TPM P5SD SBR (2 stamps)
Here's another video since I'm limited to 1 video per reply
Thanks for the report and excellent videos--- that is really quiet!!! :eek:

Tony

#9 ·
Sorry for the late response. I contacted TPM Outfitters via E-mail and arranged to purchase an MP5SD clone in pistol configuration, with NFA engraving information in advance. The suppressor was already built so it was Form 3/approved and shipped first, the engraved pistol after 2 weeks.

Amazing! That is as quiet as I have ever heard!
James Bond stuff right there!!!
Thanks for the video!!!
M.
Here's another 28 rounds or so through the gun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhSZ2vggCQM

#17 ·
My SD is crazy quiet, it actually sounds like the bolt being cocked and released. Now it has a 12" suppressor along with a ported barrel and has a huge expansion chamber in the suppressor. 9mm subsonic is no quieter than nato +P through this setup it's really amazing to shoot and the recoil.... you would think you were shooting a .22 rimfire

#20 ·
Very nice! 41 days??!!.....Unheard of! I’m currently 24 days into my TPM SDK Suppressor Form 4 wait. I’ve been using my B&T SD suppressor for a couple years now and love it. SD shooting is a blast BUT it’s a filthy pig to clean, I invested in the HK port brush. I’m in the process of having a Qualified sear transferred to my dealer to submit a Form 4 and can’t wait to run my SD full auto. Here’s some obligatory pics.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.