HKPRO Forums banner

MR762 LRP II — First Range Day

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Btmann45 
#1 · (Edited)
Go easy on me. This was my first time shooting a scoped rifle. Shot 130 rounds (80x 168grain FGMM and 50x 155grain Hornady American Gunner) at the Quantico Marine Corps Range 305. It was incredible, great range, great RSO’s.

I thought the LRP package was supposed to come already zeroed but that wasn’t the case for me. The rifle was shooting about 18 inches high to start at about 100 yards (I didn’t have a laser range finder).

The recoil was surprisingly light but I don’t have anything to compare it to. I am a pretty slim guy 5’ 11” / 150lbs and walked away with some bruising on my shoulder at the end of the day.

As you likely know the LRP comes with a 3-9x scope in second focal plane. I found the reticle to be fairly thick. It was a bit tough to see a 1moa group at that range at 9x. Maybe I’m wrong but I feel like I would want either a finer reticle or more zoom to get a better grouping. Either way here are some pics. Again this was my first time shooting a scoped rifle so I think the rifle is much more capable in other hands.

I should also mention that I had two failure to feed/extract? Not sure which, basically the bolt head jammed against the side of a round that was not fully inserted into the chamber. Both instances happened with the FGMM which I shot first.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I really don't know why HK picked that scope for the LRP, but oh well. I changed mine to an old school NF NXS 3-15 F1. I have no idea if it came zeroed or not, mine was changed out as soon as I got home. My MR762's also choked a few times their first range session, since then they've been 100%.

Enjoy your HK!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.