HKPRO Forums banner

The VP9 Made A Believer Out Of Me Today!

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  anavrin0901 
#1 ·
Holy wow! Did it ever! Today was my very first day at the range with my first ever VP9 and did she ever make a believer out of me! Long have I overlooked the VP9 series in favor of the USP lineup, but curiosity got the best of me lately and I hopped on the VP9 bandwagon this last week with a brand new 2020 Optics Ready Model w/ Night Sights. I had planned on fitting it with a RMR optic, but after how great I shot with it right out of the box...I dunno know if I need it now. Not since the first range experience with Mark 23 have I been this impressed with a pistol my first time shooting it. You may remember my post here last month, https://www.hkpro.com/forum/range-r...eport-today-w-hk-p30sk-sa-da-v3-w-safety.html, with my first trip to the range and how disappointed I was with the performance of the P30SK. It was like night and day with this VP9. Let me tell you!

I have never gone on record for being the best shot so I'll spare you any chat of groupings or what not. What I do know is this. Not since the Mark 23 have I gone up to the line and my first shot fired been a bullseye. This was from 7 yards out (first two mags).

Recreation Shooting sport Target archery Precision sports Archery

Better than that I go back 10 yards and my first shot there was also a bullseye! Wow! It doesn't get any better than this! Like Baker Mayfield once said "I'm Feeling' Dangerous!"

Yellow Illustration Art Visual arts Painting

Speaking of the P30SK up above I switched to it after 100 rounds of firing in the VP9. I didn't do terribly awful, but the one thing that I realized right away was me thinking holy hell how far is this trigger travel? The VP9 was smooth like silk, but the trigger now on my DA/SA P30SK felt like an eternity to pull back. Makes me regret now not buying the VP9SK over the P30SK. Maybe there is room for one more in my vast HK collection :)

Illustration Yellow World Circle Art

What I do know is I have a new favorite gun in my collection!

Gun Firearm Airsoft Airsoft gun Trigger

See less See more
#7 ·
Get it! You won’t regret it! Shoot it first without an optic and then you have option to add one :). Get it soon before they are too hard to find. I did prefer the night sights compared to the regular stock sights. I did not like the back ones being blacked out. I understand the purpose, but it messed with my eyes.

#17 ·
Gotta say, I agree on VPs. I'm mostly a hammer guy and I thought I was done being lured by polymer/striker guns (I traded in two P320s earlier this year, not looking back), but the VP is really impressive. When I do my part, it is extremely accurate, and every time I pick it up it feels like it was custom-molded for my hand. I'm still mostly a hammer guy, but if I'm going to own a polymer striker gun, make mine a VP. ;)

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.