HKPRO Forums banner

Zenith MP5 in the rain

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  controlledpairs 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,
I finally had a chance to go shooting again and decided to take out my Zenith. I've made a few changes to it since I last posted, mainly moving from an Eotech XPS 2 to a Trijicon Green dot MRO. I think I prefer the MRO to the XPS but it has more to do with aesthetics on this platform than function. I'm coming up on 4 years of ownership with this gun and I'm happy to say it still runs perfect. Its been fired almost exclusively with a suppressor which to be honest, I'm not sure helps or hurts the function. I'm running a Bill Springfield Trigger pack in it which has made all the difference in ease of use. I've been running both the factory MKE magazines as well as ETS with good results. My only complaint with the ETS is that they are a tight fit in the magwell. You really have to use force to remove them for a mag change.
Conclusion: This gun is just a joy to shoot. Four years on and thousands of rounds, It's still my favorite.

Additional Observations:
Rain and green/red dot optics dont play well. (really messes up the sight picture)
I completely drenched the gun in oil after shooting. Was completely soaked.
I'm still out of shape.

Another less successful run:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Rain is NOT your freind especially if it is a projector style optic, a drop of water on the projector and its useless, droplets on the projection glass, nearly useless. Reason I switched to the aimpoint pro, I haven't had that one in the rain yet but hoping with the flip up lens covers and encased projector that it will be more resistant to the effect of rain. There are always the iron sights in case it happens. But yes, very frustrating when it happens and it changes your perspective about effective optics when you llay in different environments besides only going out on bright sunshiny days.

Also had to leave my rifle cases out for 3 days afterwards to be sure any wet in the foam dried before putting them away

Nice shhoting course BTW

#7 ·
Hey everyone,
I finally had a chance to go shooting again and decided to take out my Zenith. I've made a few changes to it since I last posted, mainly moving from an Eotech XPS 2 to a Trijicon Green dot MRO. I think I prefer the MRO to the XPS but it has more to do with aesthetics on this platform than function. I'm coming up on 4 years of ownership with this gun and I'm happy to say it still runs perfect. Its been fired almost exclusively with a suppressor which to be honest, I'm not sure helps or hurts the function. I'm running a Bill Springfield Trigger pack in it which has made all the difference in ease of use. I've been running both the factory MKE magazines as well as ETS with good results. My only complaint with the ETS is that they are a tight fit in the magwell. You really have to use force to remove them for a mag change.
Conclusion: This gun is just a joy to shoot. Four years on and thousands of rounds, It's still my favorite.

Additional Observations:
Rain and green/red dot optics dont play well. (really messes up the sight picture)
I completely drenched the gun in oil after shooting. Was completely soaked.
I'm still out of shape.

Another less successful run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WLeVEfgimw
Great video, exercising and shooting. 2 great past times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.