What makes us different
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By rollerlocksevolved

Thread: What makes us different

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default What makes us different

Regardless of what you're buying you always want to know what makes that particular product different and what makes it better.
    For our products and services "different" is easy to quantify. So we wanted to set forth some distinctions that makes us different and leave the determination of better up to you.

Our business foundational principles are Innovation, Evolution and Reliability .

- We achieve Reliability by using the same tried and true internal operating system that has seen over 60 years of worldwide service. We manufacture or source all major components here in the United States. No direct impact from imports, tariffs or sanctions.
    - We achieve Innovation by challenging the norms of the traditional construction process. The receiver and the internals still receive their due attention on the CNC and during the roll/weld process, but then we shook things up a little bit to give you some more options.
    - We achieve Evolution by pursuing each and every possible advancement that occurs to us. Trust me when I tell you that my years as an Intelligence Officer playing the "What If" game actually makes this a very exhausting process. And I love it.

What we set out to do:
    Create and offer the most evolved roller lock firearms in the world to the group of people who most appreciate it. We can build the traditional models but really prefer to push the boundaries and give you something new.
    (Realistically this started as a project for something I wanted personally and just got bigger and bigger with each individual and manufacture I brought onboard.)

Constraints we placed on ourselves:
    - No modification to the internals: Everything on the market now had to be able to fit what we offered.
    - Had to be built around existing rolled and welded receiver system for those with registered sears: We put a lot of thought and legal review with our lawyers into this aspect and decided it was the most effective way to go for the group.
    - Had to be "evolution capable": When we come out with a better product we wanted to ensure the customer could easily upgrade without permanent modification or extensive wait times.
    - Had to be modular in design: We live in a hay day of accessories and love experimenting with what works best for us. We're pretty sure you do too.
    - Had to support accessories without additional mounting hardware: We found it frustrating to base our accessory choices around available mounting options. So we expanded the available mounting options so you could enjoy whatever accessory you like.
    - Had to achieve net zero weight gain: We all know these guns aren't light but we didn't want to add any weight. Period. In most instances we've actually been able to shave off a little bit. (But just to be clear: We are NOT highlighting "weight savings" as a key feature
    of our system. Merely illustrating the fact that we didn't add weight)
    - Had to support new construction and existing modifications: Admittedly this was the biggest challenge. We are currently only offering our products as new builds. Modifications are only available to law enforcement at this time since our system does lend itself to
    providing an impressive upgrade for departments with an existing inventory of roller locks. We understand it would be hard for an individual to make that leap and we want to ensure the quality of our product is not compromised.

What our product allows us to do:
    We can offer you the legendary reliability of the roller lock combined with the benefits and advantages of your "modern sporting rifle". This includes customizations that just weren't possible before we came along.

We know a picture is worth a thousand words and there will be plenty of those coming soon. But the available configurations we're offering at the onset is a little mind boggling for even us. As of this morning the number of different configurations available with the parts and accessories we currently offer sat at approximately 90 trillion. We all know that same number is available if you spend long enough browsing the internet for different color combinations, accessories, parts and components. But we found it time consuming and infuriating to try and imagine what our build would look like.

So we created the Roller Lock Configurator. You'll be able to choose from a list of quality components and physically see what your build will look like before you order it. And because we're somewhat impatient we're going to keep you in the loop on the status of your build along the way. That way you'll know when it's enroute and when you can hit the range.

We're not claiming to be "better" than any of the builders out there because we love their work. As a history buff myself, I always enjoy the classics and the effort people put into creating something as close to the original as possible. But when you've got such a robust and reliable system you owe it to the community to make it as advanced as possible.

We'll leave it up to you to determine if we've accomplished that or not.
    Lossiter and 2BDivn like this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi William,

On behalf of the countless individuals who believe over the course of a lifetime that the MP5 is the single greatest weapon they have ever owned or ever shot, we all thank you for the extensive time and dedication which you have invested in this very exciting new venture!

Here are a few questions which may be shared by some of other board members:

Quote Originally Posted by rollerlocksevolved View Post
    We can build the traditional models. . .
    1) Does this mean that you will be offering builds on individual customer supplied parts kits, assuming the parts submitted (H&K, RCM, B&T, etc) meet your quality control standards?

Quote Originally Posted by rollerlocksevolved View Post
    - We achieve Innovation by challenging the norms of the traditional construction process. The receiver and the internals still receive their due attention on the CNC and during the roll/weld process, but then we shook things up a little bit to give you some more options.
    2) This is an intriguing statement. Without asking you to divulge any trade secrets, I’m curious as to what steps are involved here which are different from say, the roll/weld/manufacture process presently done by any of the current reputable builders represented on this board. Please keep in mind, if you could match the quality of the current builders in terms of the construction process, this in and of itself would be a significant accomplishment, because we all know there are very, VERY few firms that can build these weapons CORRECTLY. But I am curious as to what is going to take place at your company which supposedly evolves and improves upon this process.

We all wish you the very greatest of excellence and success in this new opportunity!!

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lossiter View Post
    Hi William,

On behalf of the countless individuals who believe over the course of a lifetime that the MP5 is the single greatest weapon they have ever owned or ever shot, we all thank you for the extensive time and dedication which you have invested in this very exciting new venture!

Here are a few questions which may be shared by some of other board members:

1) Does this mean that you will be offering builds on individual customer supplied parts kits, assuming the parts submitted (H&K, RCM, B&T, etc) meet your quality control standards?

2) This is an intriguing statement. Without asking you to divulge any trade secrets, I’m curious as to what steps are involved here which are different from say, the roll/weld/manufacture process presently done by any of the current reputable builders represented on this board. Please keep in mind, if you could match the quality of the current builders in terms of the construction process, this in and of itself would be a significant accomplishment, because we all know there are very, VERY few firms that can build these weapons CORRECTLY. But I am curious as to what is going to take place at your company which supposedly evolves and improves upon this process.

We all wish you the very greatest of excellence and success in this new opportunity!!
    Lossiter,
    We've been preparing for SHOT Show so I haven't been on the boards like I should have. Not a valid excuse but hopefully you'll enjoy the fruits of those labors very soon!

In direct response to your questions:
    1) Yes, we will be offering builds on individual customer supplied parts kits that meet quality control standards. You are absolutely correct in the fact that that there are very few firms that can build these firearms correctly and we love the craftsmanship and quality that current builders evidence in their work. We aspire to provide equivalent quality on our traditional builds because we won't skimp or cut corners, but realistically we've placed the majority of our emphasis on Question #2.

2) We just launched our website (www.revolutionaryrollerlocks.com) this afternoon so I can now speak openly about our "trade secrets". To be succinct, we incorporated the cocking tube and all associated charging internals into a lightweight removable chassis system that is extruded from 6061-T6 aluminum. Our aim was not weight savings but rather modularity improvement. Creating the Modular Optics and accessories Rail Evolution (M.O.R.E.) chassis allowed us to offer the lowest possible (and first ever) removable rear sight base along with a handguard system that doesn't require fitting. Both lockup points are integral to the chassis itself and therefore always in the exact same location. There are so many additional areas of improvement and innovation that the chassis system has let us expand into it's impossible to capture them all in one post.

One of the things we're doing differently is rolling out the worlds first Roller Lock Configurator. When you're on the site you can click on "Build My Roller Lock" and walk step by step through the process to see what your finished firearm will look like. There are currently 2 models available; the REV-5 9mm (akin to the traditional MP5 but much more modular) and the REV-5.ISD model (a dramatic evolution of the SD model with a focus on access for expedited cleaning).

We'll go into depth on each and every one of these areas in individual posts because we want to showcase our difference and we want to offer the best product for the community. We can't do that without the communities help. For instance, the more people use the Configurator the more options, accessories, colors, etc we can add in.

I greatly appreciate the well wishes and look forward to the time in the community. I absolutely fall into that category of those that believe "the MP5 is the single greatest weapon they have ever owned or ever shot"! But we're not stopping at just the MP5...!

Sponsored Links