Where does everyone shoot?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone shoot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Where does everyone shoot?

I was wondering where everyone in RI went to shoot. I have been kinda shooting under the radar out at some sand dunes with a couple friends now for a little over a year. There is maybe 100-125 yards of open space but was looking into joining a range, if i can find one that doesn't want me doing yard work for a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Doing yard work for a year

I used to belong to a range that required doing yard work. I used to shoot at the Great Swamp after that, but last I checked you could only use lead (my HKs don't like lead). I would also be interested in any other ranges with no yard work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you do not care about driving. Try AFS american firearm school in Mass just over the line. You can join or pay by the hour. Must of the ranges in RI will have you doing some yard work ect.

Brian

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bassbass View Post
    If you do not care about driving. Try AFS american firearm school in Mass just over the line. You can join or pay by the hour. Must of the ranges in RI will have you doing some yard work ect.

Brian
    I would stay away from AFS. Its a great place(and expensive), but you have to go into another state...a gun unfriendly state. Check out http://www.cralri.com/ They have all the info you will need concerning our great state

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default "No Yard Work" Ranges

Two good ranges in the RI area are Wallum Lake Rod & Gun Club in Burrillville,
    and Angle Tree Stone Rod & Gun Club in Attleboro, MA, just minutes from
    Providence.

At Wallum Lake, your dues are adjusted by hours you choose to work.
    If you choose not to work, your dues are higher, but you do have that option.
    I've never encountered any bored old men there who have appointed themselves as the "Range Police."

Angle tree is a great, informal range. Everybody I've met there has been friendly. No pathetic, paranoid range commandos here either, so far.

Hope that helps......

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wallom Lake is a nice club, I've heard nothing but good things. I belong to Newport rifle in Middletown. We have 50 feet indoor pistol open 24/7 and a 100 yard rifle range outdoors. the yearly membership is $165 i think and you will be required to do 12 hours (aprox) of service in the club. that can be anything from working parties to helping one of the local Boy Scout troops that come to our range to qualify for merit badges. If your interested PM me and I will get you the club's contact info.

http://www.newportrifleclub.org/
    Last edited by rohardi; 09-15-2008 at 07:20 PM.
    If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i just joined at the east warren rod and gun club. very nice, and thus far have not been asked to do any yardwork, haha. they do have an obligation for you take a safety course in order to get a key for the pistol/rifle range that grants you 24/7 access. without this, you can only go sat/sunday mornings from 9-12 am.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i was accepted into the Providence Revolver Club, hoping to join the East Warren Rod and Gun sometime later this year.
    USP C 9mm/ P2000 SK 9mm / MR556A1 - WANT P7M13 9mm/ UMP .45

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Where does everyone shoot?

I shoot at Wincheck down in West Greenwich. Yard work required first year, mostly to get to know members and officers. You can pay extra thereafter.

33 yard pistol, 200 yard rifle, trap, and .22 ranges.

Looked at Providence Revolver but it seems a bit steep and I hear the equipment is broken a lot. Will join Wallum Lake when the boys are older.

Midstateguns is supposed to be opening an indoor range in Coventry by April.

Lastly, if you go to MA you better know the law. If you don't have a MA concealed carry license you're probably on the wrong side of it, despite what the folks at AFS tell you. They ain't gonna pick up your legal bill.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anyone here at Narragansett Gun Club? i'm looking to join, need a sponsor. i'll bring the beer. ;)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links