Rcm psg1 barrels - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Rcm psg1 barrels

  1. #21
    Banned

    Join Date : Jan 2007
    Posts : 848
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Its the combination of the Berger Bullet, Polygon Rifle Form and the Reamer. In any application the Berger has to be seated out extremely far to get close to the lands. Barnes LRX seem to jump the gap without any issues.

  2. #22
    Junior Member

    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 75bronco View Post
    PSG1 Barrels and Trunnions are on the website now.
    There are PSG Trunnions on the site also?

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Discogodfather's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2013
    Location : San Francisco, California
    Posts : 170
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I just bought one a few weeks ago, put PSG1 in the search tool and it will come up.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Member

    Join Date : Nov 2005
    Posts : 70
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Discogodfather - those groups look great. Did you ever try any 185gr bullets or other handloads in it? Also, is that a PSG trigger or something else (like a William's)? I may have to get one of these barrels.

  6. #25
    Senior Member
    Discogodfather's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2013
    Location : San Francisco, California
    Posts : 170
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 94Ranger View Post
    Discogodfather - those groups look great. Did you ever try any 185gr bullets or other handloads in it? Also, is that a PSG trigger or something else (like a William's)? I may have to get one of these barrels.
    I have been shooting the 185 bergers in some handloads, it shoots everything about the same so far, still looking for a really optimized load. It has a factory PSG1 trigger that I modified with some parts I made. With some simple non-permanent mods to the trigger you can turn it into a fantastic dual or single stage trigger with a 3.5 pound break and minimal overtravel. Stock the overtravel is terrible.

    I am going to try the Barnes LRX and some stepped out Bergers next. And I got some 190 grain Nosler custom comps. The free bore is very long!

  7. #26
    Member

    Join Date : Nov 2005
    Posts : 70
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
    I have been shooting the 185 bergers in some handloads, it shoots everything about the same so far, still looking for a really optimized load. It has a factory PSG1 trigger that I modified with some parts I made. With some simple non-permanent mods to the trigger you can turn it into a fantastic dual or single stage trigger with a 3.5 pound break and minimal overtravel. Stock the overtravel is terrible.

    I am going to try the Barnes LRX and some stepped out Bergers next. And I got some 190 grain Nosler custom comps. The free bore is very long!
    Its good to hear everything you're trying is sub-MOA. If you don't mind, post the magic load when you find it. This barrel looks promising!

  8. #27
    Member

    Join Date : Nov 2005
    Posts : 70
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    RCM - are there any issues with having the polygonal or traditional rifled barrel cut to 24" and threaded? Do you know if anyone has done this and has seen bad performance?

  9. #28
    Banned

    Join Date : Jan 2007
    Posts : 848
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    You could do that but just recrown it.

  10. #29
    Desperately Needs Treatment

    Join Date : Dec 2008
    Posts : 1,066
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 94Ranger View Post
    RCM - are there any issues with having the polygonal or traditional rifled barrel cut to 24" and threaded? Do you know if anyone has done this and has seen bad performance?
    Did that with the LW barrels made before, as well as other PSG1 quality barrels (and Mike's are quality/high quality). If you run suppressed watch the can selection to minimize backpressure issues. I run a Surefire 762K on my shortened PSG1 - it is same length with can as the original barrel length.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

psg1 barrel

,

rcm psg1 barrel

Click on a term to search for related topics.