Holsters - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Holsters

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I've been "collecting" holsters for nearly 40 years, as most of us do over time.

My favorite for IWB (non-AIWB), is the N82 Tactical holsters, especially their pro models which allow for re-holstering with ease. Con is that they don't make a lot of pro holsters for lights and lasers.

For OWB I really like the Blackhawk Leather Detachables for ease in installing and removing the entire holster. Plus I'm partial to good quality leather holsters. Also, no light and laser models.

Multi-holsters also makes good quality kydex holsters and the great thing about them is that they make many gun/laser/light combos for those who are partial to lights and lasers. They are pricey but worth the money. And they have a patented OWB belt clip that also allows for easy removal without taking off the belt.
    ------------------
    sc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

One of the reasons I and others (any of you?), have so many holsters is because the quest for the perfect holster never seems to be satisfied. Another is that some of us are just, shall we say, addicted to leather goods (much like our wives are to shoes).

I did some research on the JM4 Tactical holsters and just now ordered a Large Long in black. They have a %15 off sale going on through the 4th of July. Something I like about these holsters is the ability to hold many guns and not just one or two that happen to fit into one made for a specific gun.

I promise I won't give you up Pborgia when my wife asks who talked me into yet another holster purchase :bggrin:
    ------------------
    sc

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I like my Stealthgear AIWB.. True about the retention being loose but I like that it holds when I jump or lunge fall catching myself with my hands. I still have room to make it tighter but am happy where it is.
    I've since removed the 2nd clip on it as to be able to adjust the cant.

I wear somewhat loose fitted jeans mostly and don't want to yank my pants up during a quick draw. If I carried IWB in the 3 to 5 o'clock range, I'd probably want a higher retention.

My very 1st holster was a Triad Kydex IWB which I felt my size and frame would easily print especially since im picking up my girls often. But it seemed well constructed with high retention. Both made specifically for the P30sk.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Pinoy
    VP9
    P30SK
    P30L .40

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska_HK View Post
    I know this is Very subjective but, I can't stop praising my stealthgear USA holster. I EDC a P30 SK Every single day and Everywhere I go and this thing is crazy comfy and perfect retention. Their on-line service (website) isn't perfect but the final product is.
    I have been a kydex user (Tulster) and am also a big fan of the JM4 qcc (they recently announced some new models). I use kydex and JM4 for my P320, G43 with TLR-6. My recently acquired Shield 9mm sits in the safe trying to break into my EDC options.

Most recently I bought the VP9SK and a StealthGear Ventcore. Love the gun and in conjunction with the holster this is now my favorite rig to carry. Super comfortable, well constructed and very good retention. I just posted about this in a different thread but will share this pic again here:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How long does Stealthgear take to make a holster?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshot10 View Post
    How long does Stealthgear take to make a holster?
    Hey hotshot, it took 30 days for me.

Pinoy
    VP9
    P30SK
    P30L .40

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pinoy_bandit View Post
    Hey hotshot, it took 30 days for me.

Wow. I was starting to wonder. I ordered one on July 4 and haven't received an e-mail about it shipping yet. I thought it would be a couple of weeks, at the most. Thanks.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Got 3 emails for purchase.
    1) order confirmation june 27
    2) order shipped July 26 via usps With tracking number
    3) order delivered july 28. Hope this helps..

Pinoy
    VP9
    P30SK
    P30L .40

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have 2 StealthGear holsters. 1 for my P30/P30sk. While I like them, I no longer carry them due to the metal clip always catching on the entry way of my car door as I was about to sit in my car. A clip would always be opened when I took the holster off and I had to re-bend it with pliers. So, I ditched them and now carry my HK's in custom leather holsters with loops. That works better for me and the leather is comfortable.
    HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk
    HK45c HK USP45c HK USP9c
    HK USP45c Stainless
    HK USP40c Stainless

"Each man needs his own style one which suits him. And any wise man chooses one,
    matching his abilities and concentrates on that til' it's mastered quite completely. No man can learn them all!"

- Kung Fu Grand Master

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Militant View Post
    I have 2 StealthGear holsters. 1 for my P30/P30sk. While I like them, I no longer carry them due to the metal clip always catching on the entry way of my car door as I was about to sit in my car. A clip would always be opened when I took the holster off and I had to re-bend it with pliers. So, I ditched them and now carry my HK's in custom leather holsters with loops. That works better for me and the leather is comfortable.
    This is one of the things I like about the JM4 Tactical holsters. No more clips catching on things, or gouging them.
    ------------------
    sc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links