Thigh holster for VP9SK - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thigh holster for VP9SK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDollar View Post
    This was my thought also when I saw the question.
    Another one here, questioning the decision to want a leg-drop holster for a subcompact gun. I'm super curious on why the desire for this, let alone wanting a leg-drop holster for any handgun.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the Scholar View Post
    I'm super curious on why the desire for this, let alone wanting a leg-drop holster for any handgun.
    I use a drop leg while working on my property, clearing fences and clearing brush on my tractor, mowing the grass (coyotes and wild dogs).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It’s out of the way..a hip holster gets in the way and pushes against the seat when you are turned and looking at your implement. Depends on the work, of course, but mostly when grading or mowing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freak View Post
    I use a drop leg while working on my property, clearing fences and clearing brush on my tractor, mowing the grass (coyotes and wild dogs).
    Doesn't it swing around when you walk, let alone run? How low do you wear it? I have a leg drop platform that I bought thinking it would be amazing, but after I put it on, it just constantly swung around on me when moving around. The only time it stayed in place was after I tightened up all the straps to the point that my leg was uncomfortable.

To each their own I guess though. I have been looking for a low-ride holster that is offset from the belt-line but kept in against my body with a single, loose strap around the leg. I haven't found anything good yet though.

OP, Safariland makes good stuff, you might be able to find a good VP9sk holster from them that you can attach to one of their leg drop platforms.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the Scholar View Post
    Doesn't it swing around when you walk, let alone run? How low do you wear it? I have a leg drop platform that I bought thinking it would be amazing, but after I put it on, it just constantly swung around on me when moving around. The only time it stayed in place was after I tightened up all the straps to the point that my leg was uncomfortable.

To each their own I guess though. I have been looking for a low-ride holster that is offset from the belt-line but kept in against my body with a single, loose strap around the leg. I haven't found anything good yet though.

OP, Safariland makes good stuff, you might be able to find a good VP9sk holster from them that you can attach to one of their leg drop platforms.
    No it doesnt swing around if you get it adjusted properly. I don’t run EVER lol. I wear it mid thigh. I wear it mostly while sitting in which case it stays put and easy to reach. I have armrests on my tractor and lawn tractor that make getting to a traditional owb holster cumbersome.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Well, this has deviated a bit from the OP's initial post. That said, I'll throw this is; I have worn a drop holster at different times in my career, for uniform patrol work. Personally, I find them (at least some) more comfortable than a more traditional belt mounted holster. I wear mine up as high as I can, with the straps tight, but not to the point they're uncomfortable. I find I like the draw stroke better as well. Now, I work with some guys who despise them. Currently I don't work in a uniform assignment, so it is a concealed carry belt holster for me these days.

Anyway, for me it was a comfort and draw stroke issue, not a tacticool factor. getting weight off my waist was a plus after almost 25 years in the biz....
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper