Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ScrapRat
  • 1 Post By light_bulb_man
  • 1 Post By LCSO264

Thread: P30SK Shoulder holster

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default P30SK Shoulder holster

I can't seem to locate a good shoulder holster (miami style) for my P30SK. Anyone see any out there ?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

This will most likely be moved to the Saddlery, may be some info there on shoulder rigs for you to search.

If this is what you’re looking for (I just googled it, no experience with this company), could be worth researching if interested. Good luck in your search.

https://www.craftholsters.com/leathe...ter-system-p80
    ”What do you want to discuss now, my favorite color?”–Col. Nathan R. Jessup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Take a look at The Sandpiper Shoulder Holster System made by Kevin Nightingale. He's a member of this forum and his website has photos of P30's and P30sk's in every model he makes.
    AutoLode likes this.
    Present:: USPc .45 SS - P7M13 - P30L v1 - P30sk v1 - P30 v4.1 & P30sk v4.1 with LWG Reduced Reset Action Pkg & Ni internals.
    Past: USP .40 - VP9 - P30s

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This one fits

https://www.galcogunleather.com/clas..._8_2_1057.html

I have the Galco Miami Classic that fits a P2000 and SK, I suspect that it may fit the P30SK also
    Dushan
    "Not by strength by guile"

T36KERA1 / STEYR AUG / IWI X95 / AR15 / HK VP9 / HK P2000 / Glock 43 / Walther "HK" MP5 A5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I cannot understand why most of these shoulder rigs violate Rule #1 of firearm safety without at least being challenged. Does it make good sense to be standing in the checkout line at the grocery store and have your loaded weapon pointed directly at the mother and child behind you? NOT! Shoulder rigs that hold the gun horizontal are a flat out violation of gun safety.

I carry my P30SK in a shoulder holster (inside the shirt) that points the gun strait down. Yes there are trade-offs to every method of carry. I always wear button up shirts and spend most of my time setting at a desk or driving. I practice with safe draws and am getting more proficient over time. I know I will never be as fast a waste band holster, but this is what has proven to work best for me.

After trying to conceal with many different holsters, the AIR MARSHALL from Kangaroo Carry is what I use for EDC. This holster is not perfect, but so far it is the best thing I have found for me. Very comfortable for my lifestyle. Deep concealment even in a summer shirt that does not print. The newest model is the AIR MARSHALL 3. Check out the videos on the website and it explains the holster very well.

https://www.kangaroocarry.com/collec...andgun-holster

Steve
    AutoLode likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by light_bulb_man View Post
    I cannot understand why most of these shoulder rigs violate Rule #1 of firearm safety without at least being challenged. Does it make good sense to be standing in the checkout line at the grocery store and have your loaded weapon pointed directly at the mother and child behind you? NOT! Shoulder rigs that hold the gun horizontal are a flat out violation of gun safety.

I carry my P30SK in a shoulder holster (inside the shirt) that points the gun strait down. Yes there are trade-offs to every method of carry. I always wear button up shirts and spend most of my time setting at a desk or driving. I practice with safe draws and am getting more proficient over time. I know I will never be as fast a waste band holster, but this is what has proven to work best for me.

After trying to conceal with many different holsters, the AIR MARSHALL from Kangaroo Carry is what I use for EDC. This holster is not perfect, but so far it is the best thing I have found for me. Very comfortable for my lifestyle. Deep concealment even in a summer shirt that does not print. The newest model is the AIR MARSHALL 3. Check out the videos on the website and it explains the holster very well.

Steve
    Uh.................................

PS2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This may or may not be of value to you but I am the new owner of a P30sk and looking into holster for concealed carry. The only one I have that will fit right now is one of the "belly bands" (Andre's Holster) and it works well, comfortable and covers easy. That being said I am in the testing phase with it and today while at work it fell out. Because I am not 100% on the mode of carry there was not a round chambered and it stayed inside my sweatshirt anyway (never hit the ground). It is also important that I note I am working construction , lots of bending over, kneeling and climbing ladders. What I suspect is the trigger guard is more forward than others and this makes it not seat as deeply.
    I would think under normal activity it would be fine but all it takes is one incident for me to rule it out. I already have a pancake coming from TT Leather and I'm hoping a long shirt will be enough to cover.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dushan View Post
    This one fits

https://www.galcogunleather.com/clas..._8_2_1057.html

I have the Galco Miami Classic that fits a P2000 and SK, I suspect that it may fit the P30SK also

I occasionally (rarely) use a Miami Classic to carry my HK45C. that said, the actual holster portion of the set up is for an HK USP45c. It works fits perfectly, even condition 1. With that in mind, the Miami Classic for the P2Ksk will work for your P30sk. My Milt Sparks VM2 is actually for the P2Ksk, and my P30sk fits perfect. So, in that regard you are good to go.

I wear/carry a gun and a variety of accoutrements every day. My typical load out is my HK45C with a flush fit (8 round) magazine, two 12 round (full size mags with HKParts extensions), a Surefire 6P light, and a pair of cuffs. My holster is either a Milt Sparks VM2 (IWB) or a Kaluban Cloak pancake (kydex OWB) holster. My mag and light pouches are Snake Eater Tactical Burro (pistol) pouches, and my hooks I just hang on my belt. This adds a considerable amount of weight to a belt worn simply though the belt loops of my pants. As a result I've made (as no one as far as I can tell makes what I want/need, that suits concealment) what I've dubbed "Low Profile Tactical Suspenders" (I threw "Tactical" in there to sound cool, and not feel like the old man that I am becoming). These suspenders have no buckles or other obstructions that would print through a shirt, they lie flat against my body and don't generally print, even through light weight summer type button downs, and they help stabilize the load weight.

As for why I "rarely" use a shoulder holster set up, it is mostly due to the draw stroke. I have for 25'ish years trained the four-point draw, all my years on patrol, I don't want to rely on a new draw when wearing a different holster set up. So, I carry my concealed handgun at the same location I've always carried my uniform (or open carry) handgun. Now that said, I will say there is no more comfortable way to carry a concealed handgun and accessories than a good, well made, properly fitting shoulder rig. To me, comfort does not out weigh years of training and experience. Also, I prefer to wear mine a bit looser than Galco shows on their website, and I also am a fan of the belt connectors, that's just me though.

I will second @Kujansu 's comment......

I say get either a Miami Classic or a Jackass Rig for the P2Ksk, and you will be in business.

Good luck
    dushan likes this.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by light_bulb_man View Post

Steve
    you make a logical argument but if a gun is suitable for appendix carry pointed at the family jewels it should be fine for horizontal carry in a shoulder rig. We also have some ability to be aware of where the muzzle is pointing albeit not 100% of the time
    The Song Remains the Same

Sponsored Links