Holster options for Viridian X5L

Thread: Holster options for Viridian X5L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Holster options for Viridian X5L

Curious if anyone has recommendations for both IWB and OWB holster options for the USP full size with the Viridian X5L.

*i do not own the light and am currently reading reviews and issues with it. I think it looks incredibly cool and peaked my interest. I am just curious what my options are for holsters if I decide to persue this light.
    Last edited by iLikeUSPsBetter; 12-21-2018 at 11:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They have some called the "auto-lock" holster that activates the laser/light when you draw the pistol from the holster that i seen a while ago. That said, I got a defective X5L unit of theirs 5 or so yrs ago and had an awful experience. Sent it in for repairs, got it back and nothing was repaired. I personally think their products are airsoft grade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jordan90 View Post
    They have some called the "auto-lock" holster that activates the laser/light when you draw the pistol from the holster that i seen a while ago. That said, I got a defective X5L unit of theirs 5 or so yrs ago and had an awful experience. Sent it in for repairs, got it back and nothing was repaired. I personally think their products are airsoft grade.
    Think their quality control or build quality has improved over the years?

I can find a number of posts about issues ranging from holding zero to just flat out not working.

I have had good results with streamlight on handguns and milsurp surefires on rifles. Might end up sticking with them then. However the viridan x5l really looks cool on the USP... but that’s a stupid reason to buy a defensive tool, especially if it doesn’t work reliably.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't say for sure about their qc but I wouldn't bother personally. I have a thread on xdtalk from 2013 and a ton of folks had similar experiences as me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jordan90 View Post
    I can't say for sure about their qc but I wouldn't bother personally. I have a thread on xdtalk from 2013 and a ton of folks had similar experiences as me.
    I will steer clear then and probably end up with one of the streamlight with the integrated mount not requiring an adapter then.

Thanks I appreciate it. I actually think I read your XD post. Was it the full size 40 cal one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No. Titled "viridian green laser nightmare" I believe. Can be googled. I'm pretty sure the tlr3 and tlr4 dont require a adapter, but the light can slide back and forth with a lot of shooting. I use a tlr1 and a gg&g adapter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I havent had any problems with mine in over 1000 rounds with it mounted. Holds a zero good. With that being said, I havent been able to find ANY holsters for it. I am in love with the green laser and may simply put it on a different firearm. DO you guys have any recommendations for another quality Laser/Light combo and holster for a USP40 Fullsize with said Laser/Light combo? Looking for an OWB Paddle for the range.
    Last edited by s.davis_11b; 12-25-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Sponsored Links