Carrier for Mark 23 or full-size USP with suppressor attached. For about $25
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cobblestone
  • 1 Post By audiction

Thread: Carrier for Mark 23 or full-size USP with suppressor attached. For about $25

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default Carrier for Mark 23 or full-size USP with suppressor attached. For about $25

Finding a decent carry bag for these large pistols is tough. It's tougher if the pistol has the suppressor attached. Tougher still when you've got a light or laser or other stuff attached. The Mk23 with an 8 1/4" suppressor is about 19" long. The bag has to be as long and wide as the gear, plus extra for the gear's thickness. A messenger type bag that wide is usually pretty tall as well. It gets cumbersome. Expensive, too.

I wanted a bag I could fit the pistol inside with all the attachments in place. Finally settled on an Eagle Industries Breacher Tool Carrier. They can be had for about $25 delivered. In ACU, I have seen them brand new for $15 with free shipping. You will have wasted next to nothing if you decide my opinion was crazy.

These carriers are flat. No sides sewn between front and back. No Gussets. Filled, they are only as bulky as the cargo makes them. There are two long straps on the back side - long enough to use as a sling or as shoulder straps, or they can be passed through the MOLLE fittings, and form a hand carry handle in the middle of one long side. The pouch is lined with thick, flexible plastic which protects the pistol and hides its outline.

Mine came with the "cover", so called, which is really a tool retaining hood with a QR buckle. The buckle mates with another on an adjustable strap attached to the center of the back side top of the bag. I cut the buckle off the hood and tied it to the MOLLE loops on the center front of the bag. Now the strap comes over the top of the bag to keep it shut and the contents secure. I removed a piece of gray closed cell foam from between layers of the hood and kept that. It's useful stuff. The rest of the "cover" went in the trash. Get one with the "cover".

The front side of the bag is populated with an extensive MOLLE field, in case you want to mount something there, for instance, a mag pouch. Inside the bag there are no dividers or pockets except for a Curdura sleeve that runs the entire height down the middle of one side. The sleeve lays flat in mine and isn't in the way at all.

The breacher tool carrier is perfect for attaching to an ATV or the back of a truck seat or your tractor, or for man carry in any of several ways. Quieter than drawing from any holster I have used, too.
    For its utility and price and color options, and the flexible attachment choices, it cannot be beat.

Now, you might be thinking, "I want something with a lower profile". Well, for $15 you can buy a hydration pouch with a drinking tube attached. For $6 you can get just the tube. Stick the pouch or just a tube tube into the bag with the business end secured in a MOLLE loop or hang it over your shoulder, and everyone will think you're carrying water. A hydration pouch is what the tool pouch looks like. But you could get the same effect with an antenna and a microphone on the outside, or an oxygen nosepiece on a length of tubing. Let them guess.

Unless I knew what kind of plastic they lined these with (It LOOKS and feels like heavy PVC sheet) , I wouldn't STORE the pistol in there for long periods. Plastics outgas chemicals. No sense risking softening the paint on the pistol because we are ignorant. Don't leave the gear in contact with the plastic for months. But for carrying the gun for days at a time, I doubt there is the slightest risk.

Search for "breacher tool carrier".

Carrier for Mark 23 or full-size USP with suppressor attached. For about -mk23oncarrier.jpg
    Carrier for Mark 23 or full-size USP with suppressor attached. For about -carrierback.jpg
    Carrier for Mark 23 or full-size USP with suppressor attached. For about -buckle.jpg
    THRLSEKR likes this.
    My opinion's as worthy as one from any other doddering old grampa you have never met or heard of.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nice write up cobblestone. In my opinion looks like a great carrier pouch for the Mk23 with a suppressor.
    As far as practicality, is there a reason YOU personally would choose to carry such a lengthy pistol over a shorter PDW such as an MP5k? I get that there’s many factors here, such as suppressed vs unsuppressed, 45 vs 9, rifle vs pistol (1 hand vs 2 hands). I’m just curious what your reasoning would be in choosing the Mk23?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

excellent write up cobblestone...this is perfect for the guy that has a man purse collection.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiction View Post
    excellent write up cobblestone...this is perfect for the guy that has a man purse collection.
    I like the first sentence and not sure if you two are 'acquainted' as @azimuth breaks my B**LS mercilessly in the same fashion, but it really IS a great write up and cool idea. Maybe if you lived in a state that allowed pistol hunting, but not Open Pistol "carry" it'd be pretty neat.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

Thanks for the detailed review!!!

Tony

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THRLSEKR View Post
    I like the first sentence and not sure if you two are 'acquainted' as @azimuth breaks my B**LS mercilessly in the same fashion, but it really IS a great write up and cool idea. Maybe if you lived in a state that allowed pistol hunting, but not Open Pistol "carry" it'd be pretty neat.
    I thought the man purse line was a great one. I wish I had incorporated it into the post.

Regarding open carry, I do that only on the property here. Never elsewhere. And there are better bags for concealing in the populated areas. This bag is good for ATV or snowmobile or boat or trail. For town, I equip otherwise and don't need a bag at all, usually.
    My opinion's as worthy as one from any other doddering old grampa you have never met or heard of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the info. For an ATV, etc, this would be a great way to transport the pistol and silencer on acreage property. The molle straps on the outside ID the pouch as military and cancel any attempt at stealth carry in public. I would lean more for a racketball/tennis type cover if looking to carry a suppressed Mark 23 and not be noticed.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THRLSEKR View Post

to be honest with you I'm not a fan of man purses and backpacks as well which is weird bec I'm asian and majority of asians always carry a man purse on a daily basis especially abroad or when they travel but again I'm just not a fan of it. what I'm going to say though is I like what cobblstone did so I might just get one...that's why I made a comment about it otherwise I'd probably just read his write up and move on.
    THRLSEKR likes this.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sponsored Links