Concealing P30SK
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Concealing P30SK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Concealing P30SK

I would like to hear from those who regularly carry a P30SK. What's your set up/position? How comfortable is it for you? How well does it conceal? Does it print? My concern is the width. I had one briefly in 2016, but sold it. Wish I still had it. Seriously considering picking one up this weekend. I'm primarily a Sig guy, but looking to get back into HK as well.
    Last edited by Benyboomboom; 12-27-2019 at 04:00 AM.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had a P2000SK and P30SK that I carried IWB at 4:00 give or take in a Stealthgear that was actually made for my USPC 40. I wore it even when slithering around in 16" high crawlspaces with no major discomfort except maybe when I rolled over on it wrong. But since you're a Sig guy I will tell you that I sold all my SKs when I bought my 365, which carries at least as many rounds in a 40% smaller package that fits in my front pocket. But you already know that unless you've been living under a rock 🤔

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

AIWB. Tier1 Aspis. No trouble with a USPc or P30sk. Used an SG Onyx for a few years but prefer not having the back now.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I’ve been carrying a P30sk daily for the last few years. Always AIWB. I am 5’9” and 195lbs. Little belly but overall pretty average sized.

Started with a stealth gear ventcore Apendix and liked it ok but the dual clips were kind of close together and gave me few options for where to carry it on my belt.

Then I tried a G Code Incog Eclipse and liked it a bunch especially after applying a wedge.

Currently running a T Rex Sidecar and HOLY CRAP is it comfortable. It rides perfectly, I have great purchase on the handle for drawing, it’s easy to carry a spare mag and it prints less than anything else I’ve tried. I figured it’d be worse since it’s bigger but it is evenly sized so it just doesn’t show as a bulge on one side.

A P365 is lighter, thinner, and likely easier to conceal but I shoot my P30sk as well as any pistol I own so I’ll keep carrying it.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

It's my winter edc, 13 round mag, ~3:30 Stealthgear ventcore IWB, 6' & 210. No reason to change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmcutter View Post
    I had a P2000SK and P30SK that I carried IWB at 4:00 give or take in a Stealthgear that was actually made for my USPC 40. I wore it even when slithering around in 16" high crawlspaces with no major discomfort except maybe when I rolled over on it wrong. But since you're a Sig guy I will tell you that I sold all my SKs when I bought my 365, which carries at least as many rounds in a 40% smaller package that fits in my front pocket. But you already know that unless you've been living under a rock
    Yep, I have a 365. That thing disappears in a decent holster. If you like that, you need to try a P320 X Compact. One of the most natural feeling and best shooting guns I have owned (there have been many). Although i do it, I'm still not 100% sure about carrying a stryker. I'm wanting options for a relatively compact, hammer fired (DA/SA, or LEM). I have a Sig P225A-1 that might work, but I'm looking for other options. Checked out an XDE today, size is right, but the grip angle felt funky. Interestingly, the .45 and 9mm are the same exact size. With all of that said, I'm thinking a P30SK Light LEM might do the trick.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graves14 View Post
    I’ve been carrying a P30sk daily for the last few years. Always AIWB. I am 5’9” and 195lbs. Little belly but overall pretty average sized.

Started with a stealth gear ventcore Apendix and liked it ok but the dual clips were kind of close together and gave me few options for where to carry it on my belt.

Then I tried a G Code Incog Eclipse and liked it a bunch especially after applying a wedge.

Currently running a T Rex Sidecar and HOLY CRAP is it comfortable. It rides perfectly, I have great purchase on the handle for drawing, it’s easy to carry a spare mag and it prints less than anything else I’ve tried. I figured it’d be worse since it’s bigger but it is evenly sized so it just doesn’t show as a bulge on one side.

A P365 is lighter, thinner, and likely easier to conceal but I shoot my P30sk as well as any pistol I own so I’ll keep carrying it.
    That's how I feel about the P320 X, but I'm not sure I can get 100% comfortable carrying a Stryker. In the back of my mind, real or imagined, I'm always thinking a hammer is safer.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe the light LEM is the best of both worlds?
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benyboomboom View Post
    Maybe the light LEM is the best of both worlds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Benyboomboom likes this.
    ”What do you want to discuss now, my favorite color?”–Col. Nathan R. Jessup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The P2000SK has a nice following of holster makers, though nowhere near as plentiful as say for the Glock 19. Can't say about the P30SK, as it's so new. I suspect those who've been making holsters for the P2000SK will likely pick up the mould for the P30SK. I, too, would get the specific trigger configuration you want from H&K, instead of trying to convert it to something else. A quick call to H&K might resolve whether they'd be open to tweaking it for you, or whether it's even possible given what you want to buy versus what you want to turn it into.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links