P7 Longslides, Germany, Friends, Ethics etc.......
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: P7 Longslides, Germany, Friends, Ethics etc.......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default P7 Longslides, Germany, Friends, Ethics etc.......

Recently there have been two P7 Longslide pistols put up for sale that are claimed to be "prototypes" and "factory tool room examples". In my humble opinion they are not made by HK and are of very low quality workmanship. HK prototypes are made to the same quality standards as the production guns and the test model working prototypes have special "VM" or "StK" prefixed serial numbers. Here is a photo of the P7M10 Longslide that is in question:

P7 Longslides, Germany, Friends, Ethics etc.......-m10.jpg

These pistols originally sold for around 1000 EUR (if I recall correctly) at auction in Germany and now the seller has imported them to USA the asking price is $12,000. The original auction listings did not claim these to be prototypes and this claim was an "addition" of the current seller. At the time they were listed in Germany they were discussed here:

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...usual-p7s.html

Its pretty clear the HKPro community consensus (correctly) was that these were not factory made. The sentiment was similar in Germany when they brought relatively little at auction.

I tried to correct the misinformation but the sellers response to me was: "For the guy who thinks these aren't original and apparently knows nothing about how H&K operates in Germany.....".

One of my biggest passions in life are HK pistols. I have been collecting and researching rare HKs, P7s particularly for more then 10 years (for a project). During my research I have had the pleasure to befriend and speak to HK historians in Germany as well as most of the major collectors worldwide. I would like to think that I have gathered a good amount of knowledge on HK Oberndorf and its pistols, especially the P7 series.

I have had the pleasure of being a member of this forum a long time and I have learned a lot here and made some great friends. Seeing the add for these pistols has motivated me to make this post. It upsets me when someone tries to pray on new HKPro members by making false claims, this is much further then "buyer beware". I think when there is community consensus that there is such blatant deliberate misinformation, fact fabrication on a for sale listing, the add should be removed and offending member infracted or banned. I want to be part of a community where members look out for each other.
    Last edited by maxim; 08-03-2014 at 04:12 AM.
    AutoLode likes this.

RMA
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Very unique looking. I don't think I would have believed the seller myself in regards to a real HK prototype , kind of looks 1911ish w the FCS and squared off ball cuts where the front slide meets the frame.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for posting this. I distinctly recall that auction on eguns and thought the P7 Longslides that were presented were not factory either.

Thank you for keeping the HKPro in the "know".

AF1
    Last edited by airforce1; 09-27-2014 at 03:14 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's with the trigger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by epkptp View Post
    What's with the trigger?
    its setup for the SCHWARZ WALD ELVES...................they have little hands!

seriously cant you present these to HK germany for verification of production? serial numbers dont lie? and every gun HAS a serial number.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yeah that trigger is interesting. I saw something like that on a German Military Ansutch 22lr trainer several years ago. The owner had no explanation for it and said he was the original owner andn purchased the gun when he was stationed in Germany back in the early 80's.

What I find interesting from the picture is that there appears to be some holster wear on the front third of the slide. I'm not well versed on the P7's aside from them being probably the finest commercially available handgun HK has ever produced. I know used ones fetch good money.

I appreciate you taking the time to send fair warning across the bow. It isn't something I'm interested in, but I'm sure there many out there who are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i think it would BE A HOOT TO SHOOT!

Banned

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

First off, I find it interesting that somehow I got an e-mail that I subscribed to this threat.
    Funny part about this is, I wasn't even on the forum today until now!

I don't know if this "Long Slide" is a OEM HK or not.
    I do recall that for some reason HK was working on P7 Long Slides.
    Typically HK would on rare occasion satisfy "Special Requests" from good customers and special people.
    FJ Strauss, Ulrich Wegener or rich foreign customers would come up with a request and HK would make it.
    Pity about this is, that nobody at HK kept track to well on things like this.
    This is not a secret and is the perfect grounds for fairy tails.
    Just like every country, Germany has elements who like to make some easy money.
    So with a little skill you make the Holly Grail.
    As always, if it is good to be true .......
    By the way, anyone interested in buying a nice bridge in Brooklyn??

On the high price: If there is a person who has this kind of money to spend on a pistol like this,
    s/he should know themselves if they should or should not buy it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why is this in the Forum Issues section now? Thought the thread was deleted...

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Marc, did you help import the long slides in question? thanks!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links