RE: Smoking deal on HK416 upper BF NOT!!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: RE: Smoking deal on HK416 upper BF NOT!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Just for those already subscribed to this thread - looks like this con-artist is back at it again...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/788363172

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk...ml#post3429156

ETA: Also, take a look at the photos - blatantly reused the same photo of the buffer in both listing!
    Last edited by IsaacL; 10-19-2018 at 11:38 PM.
    Brad4065 likes this.
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacL View Post
    Just for those already subscribed to this thread - looks like this con-artist is back at it again...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/788363172

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk...ml#post3429156

ETA: Also, take a look at the photos - blatantly reused the same photo of the buffer in both listing!
    Yeah....and I reported him to GB, three times......they did nothing
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Yeah....and I reported him to GB, three times......they did nothing
    I don't think they've ever reimbursed me for non-paying auction winners. Not shocked at all that they wouldn't lift a finger for something they wouldn't comprehend.
    Brad4065 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Well, I hate to be proclaim myself the idiot, but I was the one who bought it the original upper (https://www.gunbroker.com/item/783277230) from this guy. Without everyone telling me how dumb I am for spending this much money on this upper or sending hate my way, can any provide any recourse I have on this? I spoke to Casey on the phone for over 30 min prior to purchasing this and he seemed very confident with what he was selling. I still have not shot the upper for reference. Any assistance you can provide me would be grateful. I joined HKPro shortly after purchasing this upper to become more familiar with HK and seeing this post broke my heart. You all really know your **** when it comes to HK and should have asked the experts first here.
    Last edited by Opulent; 10-20-2018 at 07:18 PM.
    waylon43 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Opulent View Post
    Well, I hate to be proclaim myself the idiot, but I was the one who bought it the original upper (https://www.gunbroker.com/item/783277230) from this guy. Without everyone telling my how dumb I am for spending this much money on this upper or sending hate my way, can any provide any recourse I have on this? I spoke to Casey on the phone for over 30 min prior to purchasing this and he seemed very confident with what he was selling. I still have not shot the upper for reference. Any assistance you can provide me would be grateful. I joined HKPro shortly after purchasing this upper to become more familiar with HK and seeing this post broke my heart. You all really know your **** when it comes to HK and should have asked the experts first here.
    I do not believe that the original auction you purchased from accurately reflects the item you purchased. I believe that what you have is an upper that was assembled using a mixture of H&K parts along with an US made hkparts.net barrel assembly. If this is the case, the barrel is Nitrided and not chrome lined, which would be another error in his description. The owner knows that this is what he is selling. I purchased an MR556 Upper from him as well as an HKparts.net barrel assembly and discussed your upper with him at length. I explained that he is using misleading language at best by saying that they are all HK parts, and explained to him the difference between Heckler and Koch and hkparts.net. He changed the description on his new listings, but it is clear that he simply doesn't care if he misleads someone into overpaying for a cobbled together upper.
    Opulent likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you asked him for a refund? If they won't accept that for a non-registered part that's easily returnable, then they really are a immoral shop.

I'm very sorry that you got pulled into a shady deal. If you're unable to return it, and it makes you feel any better, it's at worst a mixture of German HK and US parts also sold at hkparts.net...and from what I've seen, they provide pretty high quality stuff...So it will make a very capable rifle.

Do you have any pictures of the barrel/barrel markings you could share? We could shed light on its origin, and if not German Hk, you could source a genuine Hk 416 barrel to use with this upper, and chalk the other up to being used as a backup/replacement barrel.
    Last edited by mikecleonard; 10-20-2018 at 05:29 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

More than happy to provide additional pictures for you guys to provide additional insight on this upper. Is there anything specifically that I should photograph? I can add that the bolt head is BG dated, upon disassembly.

The original idea behind this upper purchase was to make a civilian legal HK416D clone. I currently have a MR556A1 lower on Form 1, Individual, Pending 08/08/18. If this rifle does turn out to be just fine by your guys' standards, I think this will be what I was looking for originally, although a lot more expensive than I should have paid for it.

I have not asked him for a refund yet. I was not aware this wasn't what i thought it was until discovering this post this morning. I will be giving him a call Monday morning for sure though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Well, I hate to be proclaim myself the idiot, but I was the one who bought it the original upper (https://www.gunbroker.com/item/783277230) from this guy. Without everyone telling me how dumb I am for spending this much money on this upper or sending hate my way, can any provide any recourse I have on this?
    That sucks and we feel your pain! I've got no hate for you - this falls squarely on the seller for falsely advertising it as quote "HK416 HK 416 10" upper Complete Troy Sights". I sincerely hope you get your money back or SGArms makes it right.

Quote Originally Posted by jkacg1 View Post
    The owner knows that this is what he is selling. ... explained to him the difference between Heckler and Koch and hkparts.net.
    I agree with your first point but disagree with the second. When you read both listings verbatim (below), it's clear that he's trying to pass it off as a HK416. Not an MR556, not an MR556 chop job, not an HK416 clone/style, not a HKParts.net special, not a TD-416/GSG9, but an actually real deal HK416 "BF" date code upper. Those fake proof marks were (poorly) done to pass this off as something it is not. Maybe he didn't build it himself...maybe.

Getting an MR556 and an Hkparts.net gun mixed up is understandable, although still unacceptable. That's clearly not what's happening here. He knows what he's got and he's willing to lie about it. Not to mention the reuse of photos from the first listing in the second one...

Quote Originally Posted by SGArms
    extremely nice & original HK416 10" upper! This is a real factory German built HK416 upper with a chrome lined barrel - All HK Parts! All markings are present and correct - including the BCG. The upper has all proof marks which are pictured on listing. It is barely fired condition with just minor storage marks on the rail! The bore looks great. Package includes: Complete upper w/barrel, gas system, charging handle, BCG, handguard, and buffer/spring, troy flip up sights and one HK 5.56 magazine.
    Quote Originally Posted by SGArms
    extremely nice & original HK416 10" upper! This upper was purchased on a trade-in program. [emphasis added] I am not sure of all the origin of the parts. These uppers came to us already built. We were told that these were all HK Germany parts but after a few phone conversations and a little bit of research it doesn't look to be the case. (barrel from what I can see has no marking under the handguard) - including the BCG. The upper has all proof marks which are pictured on listing. It is barely fired (under 1,000 rounds) condition with just minor storage marks on the rail! The bore looks great with minor fouling around the gas hole area. More pictures were just added. Package includes: Complete upper w/barrel, gas system, (aftermarket) (not sure of markings on charging handle, please look at pictures) charging handle, BCG, handguard, and buffer/spring, and one HK 5.56 magazine.
    SGArms is a liar and a thief. He never mentions MR556, HKParts, clone, etc. in either listing and he tries to insinuate that the second upper was a PD trade-in. Adding the caveat about "HK Germany parts" doesn't get him off the hook. Also, why would he list it as an "HK416" when he is (purportedly) uncertain of what it actually is? I'm no SME but even I'm not that stupid.
    Last edited by IsaacL; 10-20-2018 at 07:56 PM.
    Opulent likes this.
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

@IsaacL thank you for the input. Is there any specific questions I should have answered (besides me asking for a refund) from Casey at SGArms when I call him on Monday?

I clearly was mislead and my lack of knowledge got the better of me. He is very deceiving with his wording in the post.

I have also reached out to GunBroker regarding this issue. Will follow up with their response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@IsaacL thank you for the input. Is there any specific questions I should have answered (besides me asking for a refund) from Casey at SGArms when I call him on Monday?

I clearly was mislead and my lack of knowledge got the better of me. He is very deceiving with his wording in the post.

I have also reached out to GunBroker regarding this issue. Will follow up with their response.
    The original listing says that it is "a real factory German built HK416 upper with a chrome lined barrel". This is false. The upper (matches the markings on one of my MR556 uppers) and BCG (is semi auto and marked "MR"} are from an MR556 and not an HK416. It only takes loosening a screw to remove the rail, and there should be proof marks on the barrel to determine origin. MR556 barrels are not chrome lined, but you might have to remove the flash hider in order to tell whether the barrel you have is chrome lined. Hkparts.net barrels have no markings and are not chrome lined.
    Opulent likes this.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links