Another P7M13 scam in GB - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Another P7M13 scam in GB

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Gunbroker has been apprised of the situation.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont View Post
    Gunbroker has been apprised of the situation.
    My comment to GunBroker staff the other day...

"Lot of conversation going on over at HK Pro site about GunBroker becoming the new Armslist (aka: Scamslist). Are you guys going to do something about these scammers that pop up with unbelievable guns/prices with NR rating? How about adding a 'Report a Scammer' function like Armslist has to alert others of a potential scam. When a NR seller has a bunch of guns for sale with Buy it Now option with prices that are unbelievably way low, and all guns have different backgrounds, or have been seen earlier on legit sales or other sites, they are SCAMS! This site is quickly becoming the next Scamslist. Wake up and do something about it!"

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/798674104 (just sold - sucks to be the buyer)
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/798678733 (priced far below market with buy it now)
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/798677234 (priced far below market with buy it now)
    Last edited by Tailflash; 02-07-2019 at 11:19 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tailflash View Post
    At SHOT?
    "We do bad things to bad people".

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tailflash View Post

"Lot of conversation going on over at HK Pro site about GunBroker becoming the new Armslist (aka: Scamslist). Are you guys going to do something about these scammers that pop up with unbelievable guns/prices with NR rating? How about adding a 'Report a Scammer' function like Armslist has to alert others of a potential scam. When a NR seller has a bunch of guns for sale with Buy it Now option with prices that are unbelievably way low, and all guns have different backgrounds, or have been seen earlier on legit sales or other sites, they are SCAMS! This site is quickly becoming the next Scamslist. Wake up and do something about it!"
    What was their response?
    bastardsonofelvis likes this.
    USP 9 V1 (KD) | P30S 9 (BA) | P30LS 9 (BA) | P30LV1 9 (BF) | VP9 (BF) | USP 9 Expert/JF (BD) | USP 45 Match (KH) | USP 45 Expert (KK) | P7M8 (IE/KD) | MK23 (BD) | HK P30SK V1 (BF) | P7M13 (TBD)
    MR556-Comp (BE) | MR556P (BF)

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imacad View Post
    What was their response?
    Unfortunately I've never received any response from GunBroker staff on the many scams I've reported. I usually get a 'Thank You for your recent purchase' or some weekly info message (the latter tend to be of interest), but never received any actual message traffic from my complaints. I do contact a legitimate seller on GunBroker if I see their pictures being used over on Armslist and I do frequently get a nice thank you response from the actual seller. I think GunBroker staff only cares to receive their fees from legit sales and probably just shrug off the scammer's non-fees that go unpaid for those scam sales. I wish they would block the IP address of these NR sellers once a complaint is filed from some poor buyer versus just allowing them to disappear like a fart in the breeze, only to apply for a new GunBroker ID (with NR rating) a few weeks later with a new set of bait items waiting for an unsuspecting buyer.

It would also be nice if ATF, FBI, Postal Inspector, etc. would get involved to catch some of these dirtbags.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I will go as far as to say they might be in for some of the blame for this. My own experience has been about 50% on GB with non paying bidders on high dollar items who I believe may work for Gun Broker. It is almost impossible to get your non paying bidder fees back. There is no way to get any human on the phone and emails are returned 3-5 days later with little info on how to proceed. My personal theory is that there may be a bigger scam going on at GB

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I'm not sure of what is going on at GB, but they make it very difficult to report a scam and it's extremely difficult to even talk with someone via email. Most of the time GB will send an automated response email and you will be lucky to get anything else from them. It's only a matter of time before they fall like Guns America and some of their other competitors.
    TheJerkman likes this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The biggest thing going for GB is they have the best search and design layout, out doing everyone else
    HK KI MARK 23
    HK KI USP45 Tactical
    HK BG USP9 Tactical
    HK BG 45 Tactical
    HK BG VP9 Tactical
    HK BG VP9
    HK BG P30
    HK BG P30SK
    HK BG SP5K(MP5K-N)
    TPM MP5F
    TPM P5SD
    MM 23E
    MM 23EK
    MM G36C
    MM G36K
    Looking for BG P30L V3 9mm & BG USP 9 Expert

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I emailed GB about this a few days ago. Next day I had a response saying in not so many words "thanks for your input, we will look into the matter".

Alrighty then.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links