Another Armslist OD USPT scammer! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Another Armslist OD USPT scammer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have saved searches sent to me daily on Armslist and every day there's at least one obvious scam. Most of them are posted by Nigerians. I've put a few facts below. Remember the best way to not get scammed is to use Skype or Whatsapp video call to see not only the gun but also have the seller show ID. This should be an absolute no-brainer before sending any stranger a penny. Even if the person is a member of a forum with a solid history rating you can't be sure someone hasn't hacked their account.
    Red Flags:
    1. The listing is noticeably under-priced.
    2. The account is unregistered or just created within a few days.
    3. Sometimes they do have a contact person, usually an unattractive and not too bright lonely heart woman the Nigerians have conned to do their bidding.
    4. Horrible grammar, no spaces after commas, the use of "am" without "I", long sentences not broken with periods, etc..
    5. Usually the pics are stolen off Gunbroker, either from the current or completed sales. Search the item name in both and you'll likely see where the images were stolen. You can also run a general Internet search using the full text or parts.
    Last edited by buffed; 05-05-2019 at 04:46 PM.
    lakelandman likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I almost got scammed once thank god he used the same email address for all his scams.
    buffed likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links