Beware of Scammer in Saginaw, TX - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Beware of Scammer in Saginaw, TX

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    I was contacted in regards to my WTB add. I originally tried to send a PayPall payment but was told she couldn't claim it, that should have been a red flag right there. She requested I send a MO by mail, I did and that is that. I would have gotten better use if I took that $250 and wiped my butt with it, lol.
    How were you contacted?

ETA: Never mind...I dug into your history and see that you posted your Email address as contact info...
    Last edited by HotelKilo; 02-20-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Unfortunately you were taken by a veteran scammer. There is a thread just below yours calling out this very person!

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/scam-tag...-nick-tgm.html
    45c Full OD
    45c
    P30s
    USP Compact Tactical .45
    USP Tactical 9mm
    USP Tactical 45 Tan
    USP Tactical 45 OD #25-100000
    USP Custom Combat OD
    USP Custom Combat Tan
    VP9 Tactical

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yz125racer View Post
    Sorry to hear this happened. If in doubt I always reach out to a forum member in the area (if out of state from me) to purchase and then ship to me. For future reference, I'm in Dallas area (30 miles from Saginaw) and would be happy to help verify any future deals in the area you have. Once again, hope you get your money back!
    Good on ya and the same goes for me. If anyone here has doubts about something they are trying to purchase from my area, I'll be glad to help out and verify in the Charleston and tri-county area.
    45c Full OD
    45c
    P30s
    USP Compact Tactical .45
    USP Tactical 9mm
    USP Tactical 45 Tan
    USP Tactical 45 OD #25-100000
    USP Custom Combat OD
    USP Custom Combat Tan
    VP9 Tactical

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Take the bitch to small claims court. At the very least you tie her up

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)

Sorry you got scammed. Posting your personal email in a WTB ad is like saying, "Here, come take it." And as Straightgrain said in this post, "You did that to yourself."

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)

I am sorry to hear about this--- as others have similarly offered, I will gladly confirm any potential purchase in my area, as well!!!

Tony

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I would as well. In fact, this sounds like a novel idea for a sticky thread for people asking for a check on merchandise.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)

I am sure the mods here will not agree to a sticky where you encourage people to take matter into their own hands. Are you going to carry your weapon and come by the address to check out the seller? Are you going to drive by and take photos of the house, yard? For what?

There are several ways to protect yourself from being scammed, first and foremost is NEVER, EVER post your personal email on a public forum, especially one where you are looking to buy a high-value item/part. Then Google the seller's contact info, email, phone numbers, etc. Then ask for proof of life before blindly sending a money order or cash.

This very scammer has been previously reported in one of my threads in the SCAM Tagger forum. A quick check on this subforum would have saved you the hassle and/or hard-earned money.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

This person is a piker compared to the guy in CT that has all sorts of MEMBERS MONEY and while it has taken YEARS for some very expensive HK firearms to finally make it to the person who he has had their money for a year or more. He has been visited by the police in the area. He has SLOWLY started to make some of the people whole (kinda - at least some folks have now got something), but in this day and age, just sending money to someone you do NOT know is worse that wiping your but with it. You don't even get to do that.

I suspect you will not do this in the future, yes? The lesson you learned is WAY CHEAPER THAN what all those folks learned.

See, there IS a silver lining.
    Last edited by wallew; 02-22-2019 at 02:30 PM.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    I am sure the mods here will not agree to a sticky where you encourage people to take matter into their own hands. Are you going to carry your weapon and come by the address to check out the seller? Are you going to drive by and take photos of the house, yard? For what?
    I was thinking more like the prospective buyer suggest to the seller that a friend who lives in the area take a look at the merchandise for him and that they meet at the LGS to do so. There are people who find ways to make things happen and there are people who find reasons that they shouldn't, I am more of the former.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links