USP Compact .357 Sig on Armslist - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: USP Compact .357 Sig on Armslist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is not it criminal offence, fraud? Plenty of evidence to put him in jail. Why police is not arresting them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Same thing happened to me with a CZ scorpion pistol. Seller sends same pics from a earlier listing and even doctored one pic when I asked for him to time/date it. Asked for 1/2 now and 1/2 when my FFL received it.....bye bye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andru View Post
    Is not it criminal offence, fraud? Plenty of evidence to put him in jail. Why police is not arresting them?
    What's needed? A completed transaction between buyer and seller, and a police report filed by the buyer claiming fraud. Then and only then will LE get involved.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How was the connection made to Opeyemi Mensah?

This guy going by Garry Rideout is still at it and I fell for it after he was able to provide pics other than what was on Armslist. I was looking for a USP Expert in 9mm. He claimed he needed money for a baby and had all kinds of high end firearms, optics etc. One red flag I ignored was his CashApp account was under a different name, supposedly his financial advisor (Donald Harrolson Ives, $Harrolson). The posting has been removed but here’s his new email:

[email protected]
    Last edited by ibear; 01-27-2020 at 12:46 AM. Reason: More info:

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by natty99 View Post

1 dishonest transaction out of 2 is enough to make me refrain from using Armslist unless the item is local or affiliated with an established shop.
    There are many more scam stories out there than good ones and THAT is enough to make me refrain from EVER even visiting the site. No way in hades am I ever going to actually get involved in a transaction there.
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibear View Post
    How was the connection made to Opeyemi Mensah?

This guy going by Garry Rideout is still at it and I fell for it after he was able to provide pics other than what was on Armslist. I was looking for a USP Expert in 9mm. He claimed he needed money for a baby and had all kinds of high end firearms, optics etc. One red flag I ignored was his CashApp account was under a different name, supposedly his financial advisor (Donald Harrolson Ives, $Harrolson). The posting has been removed but here’s his new email:

[email protected]
    Because he used that name in the paypal email address and the name, using a google search, linked to the phone number I was texting him at. Refer to post #8

With that said, I can't say definitively it's this Opeyemi guy, but at the time all clues led to him. He could be using a burner phone to reach out to prospective buyers. Or, this mystery seller could be using legitimate names sourced from some website to create temporary cashapp accounts to receive money and then close the account once money is received. The strategy being that legit names do nothing but cast guilt on unsuspecting innocents and away from him/her

Not sure how else to track him. Maybe find his/her IP address using email?
    Last edited by natty99; 01-27-2020 at 01:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you, I will see what else I can find on him.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibear View Post
    Thank you, I will see what else I can find on him.
    No problem. Sorry I could not help more. I hate hearing about this...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links