USP Compact .357 Sig on Armslist
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: USP Compact .357 Sig on Armslist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default USP Compact .357 Sig on Armslist

It started off sounding legit, but a quick cross-reference to HK Pro revealed that the pic comes from a recent FS thread here.

Original ad on HK Pro:
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-pisto...e-new-box.html

Armslist ad:
    https://www.armslist.com/posts/99560...ke-new-in-box#

When I asked for additional pictures, he sent all pictures that were in the original seller's ad. When confronted, he says he was the buyer of the pistol and now had an 'unforeseen situation' come up that prompted the sale. When asked to provide his own pictures, he provides pics of another USPc in .357 Sig, but without the safety/decocker lol. He states he is a "family man and a catholic at that", and is willing to provide a pic of his DL. Pretty persistent and I really wanted to string him along, but I got bored

Edit: Forgot to mention that he goes by the name Garry Rideout and has a cell number 484-222-4937. He uses the email [email protected]
    Last edited by natty99; 05-30-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yep, that’s my dining room table and my former gun, sold on here to another member. Nooooooooooooo where close to Maryland location either

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Guys, thanks for the input.

Two years ago, I contacted a seller on Armslist who was selling a brand new Mk23 for $1000. When I inquired for more specifics about the gun and sale, he told he would accept two payment installments of $500, and ship the gun to my FFL after the first installment. Yeah right. Busted!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Got my vote...

USP Compact .357 Sig on Armslist-scam.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ok so I lied lol...I've been messing with him for the past few hours and said I would send him the funds. Asked for his paypal. Submitted a request for $1000 to his account instead of sending $1000. Of course he catches it and his response had me rolling. Had to play dumb and say omg I must have clicked on the wrong menu, let me try again to send the funds. In the mean time, I google his paypal email address (which is most likely legit and the actual email of the scammer) and get his info, namely his name, address, and actual cell. Text him on the real number, call him by his actual name, and tell him that I'd be happy to have the Hyattsville police pay him a visit at his address, which I listed in the text. All I got back in return was crickets

I have too much time on my hands
    chuckster62 and Tailflash like this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

We always here about the One in a million great deal from Armslist I wonder how many guys really get taken but too emBareAssed to admit it. Kinda like the guys who always "Win" in Vegas, but how much did you lose and how much did you spend to win and how much did it cost you to get there...............
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

And gone!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

In case anyone else comes across this clown, his paypal address is [email protected]. His name is Opeyemi Mensah.

Here's what came up when I did a Google search on his email/name:
    https://www.fastpeoplesearch.com/ope...19355103834260

I have no problem flaming this piece of garbage. I cannot stand scammers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    We always here about the One in a million great deal from Armslist I wonder how many guys really get taken but too emBareAssed to admit it. Kinda like the guys who always "Win" in Vegas, but how much did you lose and how much did you spend to win and how much did it cost you to get there...............
    I always wondered this too.

I only purchased two firearms from Armslist from individuals...a new MR556A1 and a Sig P229C SAS. The MR556A1 was perfect, as was the transaction. The Sig was not in the condition as described and as the pictures led me to believe. The seller went radio silent when I brought up the issues. 1 dishonest transaction out of 2 is enough to make me refrain from using Armslist unless the item is local or affiliated with an established shop.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

If it were only this easy... Ha!

USP Compact .357 Sig on Armslist-scam.2.jpg
    caf82313 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links