Great websites to verify pictures - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Great websites to verify pictures

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the piece of info, it was a very good photo work.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    I am probably the dumbest guy on here but what shows it's a fake?
    If the metadata is correct, the photo was taken 2015 and he just asked a recent photo with his screen name on it for proof that it is recent.
    21HK and TooSixy like this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Great site, thanks for the heads up. I was told this by an old wise full auto buyer one time... To help avoid the photoshopped proof of life pic, have the seller lay the paper accross the grip or barrel of the firearm. This supposedly makes it tremendously harder to photoshop in the piece of paper and maintain all the unique lines and angles of it laying on top of a 3d object. It also introduces prounounced shadows which are hard to mimic. With technology constantly advancing it has gotten easier for these scumbags to more successfully photoshop in the paper on a flat homogeneous surface like a table as in this example.
    Last edited by TallPine; 01-12-2020 at 07:55 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TallPine View Post
    Great site, thanks for the heads up. I was told by an old wise full auto buyer one time to help avoid the photoshopped proof of life pic is to have the seller lay the paper accross the grip or barrel of the firearm. This supposedly makes it tremendously harder to photoshop in the piece of laper and maintain all the unique lines and angles of it laying on top of a 3d object. With technology advancing it has gotten easier for these scumbags to more successfully photoshop in the paper on a flat homogeneous surface like a table.
    Ot tell them to wrap that piece of paper with a rubber band on top of the paper wrapping around the grip , it would be much harder to edit unless they are proficient in photoshop.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

This topic took me more time to research (to TRY and understand) than I will admit! Thanks for the valuable site regardless.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
    If the metadata is correct, the photo was taken 2015 and he just asked a recent photo with his screen name on it for proof that it is recent.
    This is the biggest discrepancy. The data clearly shows the photo was taken in 2015 or is it possible the date and time is not correct on their phone?

I have no affiliation with armslist the forensic website, the OP or the P7.
    The contrast in the photo doesnít really show anything other than a grainy somewhat inverted photo, It really doesnít even look like a negative image.
    Great websites to verify pictures-b52147e3-50d4-481e-8857-d47d8d45c06a.jpeg

Iíve been around Photoshop for a while and Iíve done my fair share of editing as a hobby.
    The inverted image of that photo looks like this and also converted to B&W.
    When images are inverted to negatives, light colors such as the post-it and light source become dark and dark colors become light.
    Great websites to verify pictures-dbba6318-a74c-4e27-a446-be8770d52cad.jpeg Great websites to verify pictures-fcf133e6-3584-4676-a697-886d5816319b.jpeg

I took the liberty to turn the note in the opposite direction for S&Gís.
    This image has been photoshopped.
    Great websites to verify pictures-cc1c7b99-abb4-46f1-9071-09836533e607.jpeg

If I take that same image and upload it to the forensic website the data clearly shows that it was addressed with Photoshop and the date it was done.
    Nowhere in the original image metadata is it shown that the picture had any photo editing?
    Great websites to verify pictures-11fabae0-8776-449c-a4cd-553f11301874.jpeg

Iím not out to prove anybody right or wrong so please donít take it that way. It sparked my interest because of wondering if the photo was in fact photoshopped. If it was, they did a tremendous job but my own conclusion is that it was not.
    I stay away from armslist, if a photo needs to be forensicly analyzed itís best that you pass on the purchase.

Iíll probably regret posting this but this is what I came up with when I was evaluating the original photo.
    Again, I do this as a hobby so itís based purely on an unprofessional level.

Tailflash and Brad4065 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Apologies for not explaining the discrepancy more clearly. With the ELA(Error Level Analysis) filter everything should more or less "blend in" and as you can see the post-it is way too dark and the writing is bright as a Christmas tree versus the surrounding picture.

Here's a great example of a picture where the numbers were photoshopped/edited on a lottery ticket (You can see the numbers 02 04 23 38 46 23 were modified and stand out versus the rest of the picture)
    http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-RQ...LQ/s400/ny.jpg
    http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-oY...400/ny-ela.png

Anything modified from the original pic will stand out color wise(the example pic was way better than the scumbag's)

UPDATE the post for the p7m13 on armslist was taken down as fraud(shocking)
    Last edited by Japanimal; 01-13-2020 at 03:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Japanimal;3633960}
    .....UPDATE the post for the p7m13 on armslist was taken down as fraud(shocking)[/QUOTE]
    Did Armslist provide any more information? I would really like to know, if the same issues you raised, were what tipped Armslist off. I would have been fooled by this, without a doubt.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gustav View Post
    Did Armslist provide any more information? I would really like to know, if the same issues you raised, were what tipped Armslist off. I would have been fooled by this, without a doubt.
    Going forward just know that 90% of the great deals on Armslist are scams. And probably a good 30-50% of normal to good deals. Just the way it is, scammers are all over that site. Its pretty useless except for local sales where you can go see and touch. You need uber due diligence to dare buy something to be shipped.
    B.E.W.A.R.E.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links