Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Questionable 416 SF Listed On GunBroker

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Default Questionable 416 SF Listed On GunBroker

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/856511459

edit* Moved to the Scam Section*edit

It is a C lower that has had engravings added to it. There were no matching semiauto C lowers imported by HK Defense, period. The claim that it has a matching serial upper would suggest either the upper was blank and the lower's serial was added to match, but more likely the lower was engraved with a serial to match an upper. The import marks are not aligned correctly. Any potential buyer would be well advised to require the serial be disclosed, contact HK customer service to confirm the configuration (MG or SBR), as well ask for the import path/pedigree.
    Last edited by Nzfly; 02-10-2020 at 11:36 PM.
    Brad4065, UMP45 ENTRY and caf82313 like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post

I am putting this in the Heads Up instead of the Scam section simply because it is an HK lower. It is a C lower that has had engravings added to it. There were no matching semiauto C lowers imported by HK Defense, period. The claim that it has a matching serial upper would suggest either the upper was blank and the lower's serial was added to match, but more likely the lower was engraved with a serial to match an upper. The import marks are not aligned correctly. Any potential buyer would be well advised to require the serial be disclosed, contact HK customer service to confirm the configuration (MG or SBR), as well ask for the import path/pedigree.
    Agree with your assessment. I asked the seller for additional photos, inclusive of, but not limited to "matching" numbered serial numbers.

I'm skeptical on this......could be wrong, but it's not matching my info. Does anyone know seller????
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

For 23k I would need way more detail.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post

I am putting this in the Heads Up instead of the Scam section simply because it is an HK lower. It is a C lower that has had engravings added to it. There were no matching semiauto C lowers imported by HK Defense, period. The claim that it has a matching serial upper would suggest either the upper was blank and the lower's serial was added to match, but more likely the lower was engraved with a serial to match an upper. The import marks are not aligned correctly. Any potential buyer would be well advised to require the serial be disclosed, contact HK customer service to confirm the configuration (MG or SBR), as well ask for the import path/pedigree.
    I just received confirmation from another, well, I guess "fourth party" not involved in the sale, that this is one of the C-import lowers.....it's not an HK416 SF

So...….I will await "photos" if they are sent, and post accordingly.

Good eye @Nzfly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers to you brother man!!!!!!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

While it is a German C lower, this one was not imported by Hurricane Butterfly. All of HBI’s had the serial # located further down like the factory C’s (with 88 prefix instead of the correct 171) and their lowers did not have the buffer retainer pin location drilled (As the C stock doesn’t use the buffer retainer). It is possible that this one could have been imported as a complete pistol after the HBI 416C pistols were approved - but I’d lean more towards an illegal import like the guy Nick Chen’s 416C lower from TFB.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UMP45 ENTRY View Post
    While it is a German C lower, this one was not imported by Hurricane Butterfly. All of HBI’s had the serial # located further down like the factory C’s (with 88 prefix instead of the correct 171) and their lowers did not have the buffer retainer pin location drilled (As the C stock doesn’t use the buffer retainer). It is possible that this one could have been imported as a complete pistol after the HBI 416C pistols were approved - but I’d lean more towards an illegal import like the guy Nick Chen’s 416C lower from TFB.
    Brian

I agree.....with everything you've stated.....thus the reason I requested "additional photos" …..

…….crickets.
    UMP45 ENTRY likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I would rather have that 552
    Brad4065 and Miacovet like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuntherRommel View Post
    I would rather have that 552
    Hell.....it's probably a fake too, given what I've seen thus far.....keep your money

and sell your "stocks"
    GuntherRommel likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Mr. Big Koch is within the history of this specific lower. I was told the serial and low and behold it is the same serial of a rifle he tried to sell to someone approximately a year ago. At that time the individual contacted me and asked if I had any insight into what was being offered. I offered the same commentary. It has an 88 prefix, which C lowers did not have. It was a BC date code upper. This lower has had a new serial added to it to match an existing upper.

For posterity the serial of this fake SF is 88-040357. It was not imported by HK Defense. The lower serial is not the factory serial.

Mods feel free to move this to the scam section if Heads Up posts are deleted after so long.
    Last edited by Nzfly; 02-10-2020 at 12:32 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Every time I hear that name its referenced with something shady. I will say he treated me well with one deal in the past.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links