This SP5: Another Shill bid? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: This SP5: Another Shill bid?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

This seems a bit fishy too with a NR bidder (registered on 04/04) quickly getting an A+1 rating by CDNN for the consecutive SerNo SP5s; albeit the selling price more 'real' than the single SP5 that was sold. The buyer probably has an uncanny similar IP address as for the single SP5 'NR' winner... Perhaps GunBroker needs to check into these NR bidders and see if there is an IP pattern they could detect for 'flash in the pan' NR bidders that suddenly appear and then disappear; always bidding on a certain Seller's auctions... Perhaps its time to ban some of the sellers too...

https://www.gunbroker.com/a/feedback/profile/5318582
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/863594622
    Last edited by Tailflash; 04-06-2020 at 06:45 PM.
    GuntherRommel likes this.

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I might get crap for this but I wish the serial number was required in the description. I see all these new SP5's popping up on GB and the ad says just in or fresh or whatever but they still have the old case. I think most of these are just regurgitated from other purchases, no sales, or shady antics such as shill bidding. And for the ads that say they are rare, have they not looked up to see actually how many are for sale on GB? Just by searching for 81000477 there are 49 right now, and possibly more with a different search. Yes, Rare. I also get a kick out of the ads that say NIB, never opened. Do they not check the serial number on the gun with what's on their invoice for consistency or is that just not done anymore due to bar codes and all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerdude70 View Post
    Whats going on with this SP5? Looks like shill bidding has struck again. What gets me is who the seller is, CDNNSPORTS. They state it's a BK date code but gun clearly shows CA and they don't show pic of box date. If they are behind it, shame on them. Mainly 2 guys bidding up and 1 just registered yesterday.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/863591151
    This statement makes no sense...since the seller has to pay a 4% fee to GunBroker when the sale is over, they are automatically charged regardless of who the buyer is. And why would they benefit from getting an extra $25 from the sale of a gun that already has $1500 profit it, just to run the price up? I doubt a top 25 seller would waste time with that...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ldogmiller View Post
    This statement makes no sense...since the seller has to pay a 4% fee to GunBroker when the sale is over, they are automatically charged regardless of who the buyer is. And why would they benefit from getting an extra $25 from the sale of a gun that already has $1500 profit it, just to run the price up? I doubt a top 25 seller would waste time with that...
    You forgot or didn't know that a Seller can make a simple claim to GB that the sale never happened and GB will waive the fee. An email goes to the winning bidder (shill bidder in this case) to please dispute the Sellers claim if the sale really happened. Hearing nothing back from the winning bidder, GB waives the fee to the Seller and he is free to relist it again.
    Tailflash and AGG like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zhivoder View Post
    CDNN used to be a big distributor of really cool stuff. When the assault weapon ban was enacted, CDNN sold "Post Ban" PE57s and SIG 550s.
    I know where a preban 550-2 is new in box. 😀

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rcm192 View Post
    I know where a preban 550-2 is new in box.
    Where ?

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerdude70 View Post
    I might get crap for this but I wish the serial number was required in the description. I see all these new SP5's popping up on GB and the ad says just in or fresh or whatever but they still have the old case. I think most of these are just regurgitated from other purchases, no sales, or shady antics such as shill bidding. And for the ads that say they are rare, have they not looked up to see actually how many are for sale on GB? Just by searching for 81000477 there are 49 right now, and possibly more with a different search. Yes, Rare. I also get a kick out of the ads that say NIB, never opened. Do they not check the serial number on the gun with what's on their invoice for consistency or is that just not done anymore due to bar codes and all?
    More irritating is "stock" photos!!!
    I want to see what I am actually buying.

Tony
    Nehalemguy likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lots of stuff on gunbroker going stupid high right now. Too many people home with nothing to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I always try to avoid Gunbroker. There are deals to be had there, but they are few and far between, especially on hard to get firearms like the SP5. Unfortunately, sometimes Gunbroker is the only place you can find high demand firearms. On rare occasions a good deal can be had, but you have to be there at the right time and act quickly. I've found that the only time Gunbroker is good to deal with, is with firearms that are readily accessible. Then competition among sellers can result in a fair price.

I'm glad to see that it appears that the prices on the SP5 are coming down a little bit. It seems to be hovering around the $3000 range. Still too much, but better than the prices we have seen. Even GrabAGun has dropped the price on their HK SP5, down from $3499 to $2999, and still no takers. Even at this price at $200 over MSRP, it's lower than many SP5's have sold for on Gunbroker.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yeah GB is crazy high I did once find M1 for a good price but other than that most are just asking too much plus the shipping is crazy high.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links