This SP5: Another Shill bid? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: This SP5: Another Shill bid?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

GB is your best option if you are selling a gun, not so much for buying. You are bidding against too many others. And yes, Its expensive to ship as a individual unless you do it through a FFL by way of the approved USPS form. Also the insurance is ridiculous
    caf82313 likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I have heard good things about www.ShipmyGun.com or something like that. It seems somewhat easy and can really lower the shipping as an Indiv. Havent used it myself but plan to look into it when the time comes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes...I know all this...as I am a seller on GB. But do you think someone is really going to go thru all that on a chance of making another $25? And then losing a sale to a real buyer who may think it is a shill bid? Seems like a lotta work for little return-

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thumbs down

I have noted before with that seller that items "sell" for much higher than they are worth and I've always figured they have shill bidders but never wanted to be the original poster:). I have a couple of theories as to why it is done (It can still be viewed in completed auctions and might sway a buyer who likes to compare current pricing and/or it makes other current item's pricing look like that much more of a deal - to uneducated buyers of course) and yes, I don't believe they ever pay the fees. There is also the trick where the shill bidder takes the pricing up and you eventually stop bidding. Of course minutes after the bidding ends, the seller notifies you that the "high-bidder" has backed out and he will offer it to you as the guy in second place. On more than one occasion it has happened to me and I don't always accept, especially if the shill bidder, by himself, took my bid up by any large amount.
    Last edited by viriceman; 04-07-2020 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Added info
    GuntherRommel and caf82313 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerdude70 View Post
    Whats going on with this SP5? Looks like shill bidding has struck again. What gets me is who the seller is, CDNNSPORTS. They state it's a BK date code but gun clearly shows CA and they don't show pic of box date. If they are behind it, shame on them. Mainly 2 guys bidding up and 1 just registered yesterday.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/863591151
    A year or two ago I noticed shill bidding on their account and notified gun broker. Amazingly after about a month I noticed that CDNN had a new account with a feedback score of < 100 at the time.

They make it really obvious when the bidder only buys from CDNN auctions and the bid is way higher than the next available Buy It Now price from another seller. CDNN also likes to shilled to raise the historical prices of items to get people to buy more.

NOTE: The above is my observations and not a statement of actual fact on what CDNN is doing.
    Last edited by Starz26; 04-07-2020 at 10:03 PM.
    viriceman likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

CDNN will get charged exactly this amount by GunBroker for this specific SP5 auction/sale:

This SP5: Another Shill bid?-gb-fee-calculator.jpg
    GuntherRommel likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tailflash View Post
    CDNN will get charged exactly this amount by GunBroker for this specific SP5 auction/sale:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GB Fee Calculator.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	255992
    ^unless CDNN puts in a claim that the sale never happened, and the "buyer" doesn't dispute it. Under that scenario CDNN pays nothing and is allowed to relist ad nasuem.
    caf82313 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TallPine View Post
    ^unless CDNN puts in a claim that the sale never happened, and the "buyer" doesn't dispute it. Under that scenario CDNN pays nothing and is allowed to relist ad nasuem.
    Yup....therein is the "rub".

A$$holes......just my $.02
    GuntherRommel likes this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I believe its not only to raise the price the current sale but for raising the price of future sales and jack the price on items they have yet to list (Big Deez) style, but that is my opinion.
    Last edited by GuntherRommel; 04-07-2020 at 11:11 PM.
    Brad4065 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

If I recall during all my GB sales that I did years ago, GB automatically pulls funds out of your bank/credit union account fairly quickly; this while I was still waiting on payment for someone to snail mail a personal check (yes, I honor those antiquated forms of payment yet). I've had two non-payers in all my GB sales but it wasn't worth the effort to dispute the 'small' non-payment claims...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links