This SP5: Another Shill bid? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: This SP5: Another Shill bid?

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

So 22chad won the item. Lets see if he gets a neg rating for non payment from CDNN. CDNN posted the SN, 3526, lets see if they re-list it. CDNN will put in a claim, they don't want to dip into their profit and need to cover their arses for the shilling, just my $.02
    Hidden Content 93A3│Hidden Content SP5│Hidden Content SP5K│Hidden Content MP5 N│Hidden Content MP5-22│Hidden Content VP9│SAR8│PTR 9CT

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerdude70 View Post
    So 22chad won the item. Lets see if he gets a neg rating for non payment from CDNN. CDNN posted the SN, 3526, lets see if they re-list it. CDNN will put in a claim, they don't want to dip into their profit and need to cover their arses for the shilling, just my $.02
    It has already been relisted. Click on OP link, then see the relist in upper right corner. I have not looked to see if same s/n.
    But in fairness it may be a stock photo.

EDIT: it was relisted but now its relisted with an ad to start 4/12/20. All kinds of weird juju going on with CDNN
    Last edited by TallPine; 04-07-2020 at 11:09 PM.
    caf82313 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

They are jacking the price on future sales

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TallPine View Post
    It has already been relisted. Click on OP link, then see the relist in upper right corner. I have not looked to see if same s/n.
    But in fairness it may be a stock photo.

EDIT: it was relisted but now its relisted with an ad to start 4/12/20. All kinds of weird juju going on with CDNN
    Description verbiage is stating same SN as the first listing.

Edit: Info I stated above is incorrect. Thank you @LBTac for spotting that.
    Last edited by Chargerdude70; 04-08-2020 at 01:26 AM.
    LBTac likes this.
    Hidden Content 93A3│Hidden Content SP5│Hidden Content SP5K│Hidden Content MP5 N│Hidden Content MP5-22│Hidden Content VP9│SAR8│PTR 9CT

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Photos and verbiage for sold sp5 show 3526....relist is for 3529. That said, I still think it’s fishy...

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

A CDNN auction at it again. Crusader257 NR signed up day of listing just to get the bidding started. Let me ask the more experienced people. Whats with the bid history where a bidder is shown bidding right after them self multiple times. Just like how Crusader257 did or other bidders in that listing did. Is there something in the bidding process that I am not aware of that can cause this to happen?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/86468...0Ending%204-12

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

You can place your highest bid you are willing to go but it will stay at the minimum amount, when someone else bids the minimum it automatically raises the your bid to what they bid. If that makes sense. It shows the amounts at the end of the auction

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

A CDNN auction at it again. Crusader257 NR signed up day of listing just to get the bidding started. Let me ask the more experienced people. Whats with the bid history where a bidder is shown bidding right after them self multiple times. Just like how Crusader257 did or other bidders in that listing did. Is there something in the bidding process that I am not aware of that can cause this to happen?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/86468...0Ending%204-12

Not specifically re: shill bidding, but when you see a username with a long line of bids one right after the other usually means he/she is making slightly higher and higher bids trying to be the high bidder. Instead of just making his one highest bid and calling it a day. If you look at this listing, 257's multiple bids are at a date and time after the higher bidder "atlwsn" quite a few entries above. So I think 257 was just pecking and pecking trying to get above that guy.

The way GB lists the bids in high-bid-order and not strickly chronological order makes it a tad confusing at times. You have to trace it upwards and look at the dates and times to figure out who bid when.
    Last edited by TallPine; 04-11-2020 at 08:05 PM.

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Thank you both. Still seems kind of fishy when the guy just happens to register as a user day of the listing. Coincidence, maybe?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

You nailed it. They got their fees back by giving 22Chad a F rating; no skin off Shill Chad, he'll just reappear as a clean NR bidder next month I'm afraid. I've been watching CDNN' auctions over the last month and there seems to be quite a few NR bidders jacking up the prices on certain auctions.

This SP5: Another Shill bid?-shill-bidder-chad22.jpg
    GuntherRommel likes this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links