This SP5: Another Shill bid? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 51 to 58 of 58
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: This SP5: Another Shill bid?

  1. #51
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    GuntherRommel's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    Location : Bend, Oregon
    Age : 49
    Posts : 1,751
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Default

    Cold Shillin, He's bidding against himself? https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/866903962/BidHistory

  2. #52
    HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Chargerdude70's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2019
    Location : Michigan
    Age : 55
    Posts : 743
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuntherRommel View Post
    Cold Shillin, He's bidding against himself? https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/866903962/BidHistory
    LOL...I love a guy that is in competition with himself, he is destine to be a LOSER....

  3. #53
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    GregAB's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2019
    Posts : 361
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    I don't think this is a shill bid, I see this all the time on GB and eBay when someone places a bid and then thinks he's going to be outbid and keeps increasing their bid just in case someone else bids not realizing you can just place one high bid and be done with it? They don't understand the bidding system.???

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #54
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Apr 2020
    Location : Northern Virginia
    Posts : 46
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chargerdude70 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillHK View Post
    I’m missing what the issue is with this listing. 3 bids and only $25 over the starting bid? Seems likely that people were watching, and seeing that no one was biting, decided to see if they could get it as cheap as they could. If this is shill bidding, they’re doing it wrong.
    Ah, I see why you are saying this. That is not how it was when I looked at the bid history when I posted. The top bidder was unrated and just signed up yesterday. That big has disappeared. I would not have posted anything with the current state of the bid history.
    That bid was annoying for me. The other bidder would bid at the last second giving me false hope to win. I eventually stopped cause the other person wasn't gonna stop until he win and was getting expensive.

  6. #55
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Apr 2009
    Location : Northern Virginia
    Posts : 616
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Enough of these absurdly high priced SP5 CDNN sales went through and have positive feedback for the buyer that I don't think there's anything to the conspiracy theories here. You're talking about CDNN paying a few thousand to shill bid... Not sure the math really works in their favor. It's also pretty hard to register extra Gunbroker accounts compared to many other online services, they usually want you to verify you are in fact who you say you are.

    There are a lot of people who have no clue how to value things, and some of them inevitably do the research after the fact and welch.

  7. #56
    HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Chargerdude70's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2019
    Location : Michigan
    Age : 55
    Posts : 743
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freeride1 View Post
    Enough of these absurdly high priced SP5 CDNN sales went through and have positive feedback for the buyer that I don't think there's anything to the conspiracy theories here. You're talking about CDNN paying a few thousand to shill bid... Not sure the math really works in their favor. It's also pretty hard to register extra Gunbroker accounts compared to many other online services, they usually want you to verify you are in fact who you say you are.

    There are a lot of people who have no clue how to value things, and some of them inevitably do the research after the fact and welch.
    Not going to deny the fact that most of CDNN's sales look legit, but the one linked in OP defiantly looked fishy. Maybe not on their part but obviously on the winning bidders part. And lets get real, the guy creates GB account same day he bids up a weapon to 5100 that has been going for 3100-3200 all day long? If he is that stupid, I sure hope he doesn't breed. And the fact he is still NR one way or another, what does that say to the legitimacy? If he had paid, CDNN would have given him an A+++++++ for being such a sucker. I know, it's that *VERY RARE* marketing they use that makes it that much more valuable. Especially when there are over 20+ on there for sale at any given time. Just one mans opinion.
    GuntherRommel likes this.

  8. #57
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Apr 2009
    Location : Northern Virginia
    Posts : 616
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chargerdude70 View Post
    Not going to deny the fact that most of CDNN's sales look legit, but the one linked in OP defiantly looked fishy. Maybe not on their part but obviously on the winning bidders part. And lets get real, the guy creates GB account same day he bids up a weapon to 5100 that has been going for 3100-3200 all day long? If he is that stupid, I sure hope he doesn't breed. And the fact he is still NR one way or another, what does that say to the legitimacy? If he had paid, CDNN would have given him an A+++++++ for being such a sucker. I know, it's that *VERY RARE* marketing they use that makes it that much more valuable. Especially when there are over 20+ on there for sale at any given time. Just one mans opinion.
    Sure its possible some of CDNNs bidders are schills, but look at their feedback. They are moving a TON of product on gunbroker. Just seems like a TON of work for very little reward to create multiple fake bidding accounts for a small percentage of their sales. Particularly since some of these SP5s are moving for stupid money legitimately.

  9. #58
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Mar 2018
    Posts : 32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freeride1 View Post
    Enough of these absurdly high priced SP5 CDNN sales went through and have positive feedback for the buyer that I don't think there's anything to the conspiracy theories here. You're talking about CDNN paying a few thousand to shill bid... Not sure the math really works in their favor. It's also pretty hard to register extra Gunbroker accounts compared to many other online services, they usually want you to verify you are in fact who you say you are.

    There are a lot of people who have no clue how to value things, and some of them inevitably do the research after the fact and welch.
    GB did away with their verification of new bidders about a year ago. So yeah.....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •