Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By straightgrain
  • 1 Post By Callahan

Thread: WTB: Mark 23 kits w-matching serial kac can

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Default WTB: Mark 23 kits w-matching serial kac can

Long time listener, first time caller......

I rarely create a thread, but my interest has been piqued of late. Do any of you guys out there know approximately when KNIGHTS offered the option of "customizing" a serial number on a can? Better yet, does anybody out there OWN a MARK 23 kit with matching serial numbers?

Lately between Jim Schatz auctions and questions about US SOCOM marked slides going for high premiums I am curious. So in the interest of integrity and full disclosure, I own 3 and know mine were created in early 2008.

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Knight's has offered (and continues to offer) custom serial numbers. For specific series, it it can be part of the program. For one offs, it is likely a significant up charge. I did a custom run of HK45's for a non-profit and Knight's matched the cans with the gun serial numbers.

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

@straightgrain , Sir Reaper.....I respectfully defer to YOU and AGG for most all my solid facts, but as I said in my O.P. I'm trying to determine value for the future. I completely believe you and maybe I got the wrong "drone" or Front of House worker bee with a wrong answer. May I ask when or what year they last accommodated your matching s/n request? I have a line on another KG (lower than mine) would not mind paying a premium to have it done as obviously I'd be trying to create investment value. More important I'd love to know how many albinos there are out "there"???

I AM continually fascinated by recent posts here (and history) of the R&D pistol cases from Eagle. ONE TIGER-STRIPE! TWO URBAN CAMO! The USSOCOM marked slide & barrel going for $4,500. I know there were ONLY 22 KAC 45CT cans released into the wild, and the Holy Grail seems like Jim's 1 of 3 NAVSPECWAR. That is why the below correspondence from K.A.C. confuses me so....

Dear Mr. *******,

Thank you for your patience while we researched an answer for you. We do not do the matching Serial Numbers for the Suppressors.

Please let us know at any time any questions you may have.

Thanks,

Kay Sobers/Sales Assistant-Customer Service

Returns and Repairs

Phone 321.607.9900 Ext 1327

[email protected]

[email protected] | Knight's Armament

Description: cid:[email protected]: cid:[email protected]: cid:[email protected]

Web: Knight's Armament

Disclaimers: IMPORTANT – This E-Mail is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this E-mail is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this communication is strictly PROHIBITED. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify KNIGHT’S ENTERPRISES MANAGEMENT LLC by e-mail and return the reginal message by e-mail. The content of this email may not be disclosed to any foreign national, nation, firm or country, including foreign nationals employed by or associated with the Receiving Party, no shall any technical data be exported by the United States without first complying with all requirements of the ITAR or the Export Administration Regulation (EAR), including the requirement for obtaining an export license if applicable. THANK YOU.

Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:19 AM
    To: Info
    Subject: New submission from Contact Us

Name

Email

[email protected]

I OWN AN EARLY (LATE 90'S) HK MARK 23 AND HAD HEARD THAT KNIGHT'S USED TO TAKE SPECIAL REQUESTS TO PRODUCE MATCHING SERIAL NUMBERED SUPPRESSORS. I WAS WONDERING IF THIS IS TRUE, EVER REALLY HAPPENED AND/OR IF THAT IS STILL A POSSIBILITY???

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
    Last edited by THRLSEKR; 04-29-2018 at 02:48 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Though I have no concrete data, my educated guess would be 1996-1998!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have one. I did mine back in 2002-2003 I think.
    G3K SBR
    HK91
    HK93
    HK94
    HK43
    G8 DRUM
    MP5K
    MP5A3 SBR
    53A3
    FLEMMING H "Sear"
    MK23 SOCOM, KAC Supp, LAM
    USP9c SS
    USP40c SS
    USP45c SS
    USP45 TACT
    P7-PSP
    P7M8
    P7M13 Chantilly
    USP9-SD
    MP5/40 POST
    UMP-9 Barrel/Bolt
    UMP-40 POST
    UMP-45 POST
    G36-C POST
    53A3 POST
    416-10.4 POST
    416-14.5 POST
    MP7A1 POST
    HK-69A1 40mm
    HK-AGC 40mm
    VP70Z
    HK45 (hkpro) baby poop
    SL8-6

Need: (contact me if selling)
    HK41, HK21E/23E, MP5/10 Barrel

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

The custom serial number cans I received from Knight's were at the end of 2014. I just checked my A&D book to verify. With that said, Knight's may not do this as a matter of regular business. It may be a special order scenario that has to be blessed by somebody these days.
    THRLSEKR likes this.

you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

As with so many things, I'm guessing it depends in part on who you are and who you know. I have a B&T suppressor that is not marked B&T. It is marked "HK SD MK23/SOCOM .45 AUTO" followed by the serial number (which doesn't match my MK23 USSOCOM). I also have a Vaime suppressor marked "HK P7 SD".

I've also seen photos (but unfortunately didn't manage to buy) both a BT96 and a BT96k (the Brugger & Thomet version of the MP5 and MP5k made from MKE and HK parts). These are usually marked "B&T 96" and "B&T 96k", but the ones I found were marked "MP5" and "HK MP 5k PDW SF". I contacted B&T with the serial numbers and they confirmed that they had made some small runs for what they simply called "special customers" with these markings, though they said that someone else had added the "HK" on the MP5k.

All that to say that there are some guns and accessories out there with rare and unusual markings. It may be possible to get what you want from KAC if you can talk to the right person.
    THRLSEKR likes this.
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperEater View Post
    I have one. I did mine back in 2002-2003 I think.
    Thank you so much for your response and GOOD GOD MAN......that is SOME COLLECTION!!!!

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straightgrain View Post
    Knight's has offered (and continues to offer) custom serial numbers. For specific series, it it can be part of the program. For one offs, it is likely a significant up charge. I did a custom run of HK45's for a non-profit and Knight's matched the cans with the gun serial numbers.
    Unusual that special serialization could not be done for the 2015 Group Buy of 100!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

I will guess that it is a situation where special dispensation must be granted...

you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Sponsored Links