VP Series rumor mill? - Page 19
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: VP Series rumor mill?

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brahma View Post
    I'd like to see a VP7SK chambered with the MP7 ammo with a double stack mag.
    I must say, this is something I'd not thought of....... A 4.6mm VP pattern handgun..... I don't know what they would have to do to make this work, as the original handgun chambered in 4.6mm didn't make it past the prototype phase, due to the round tearing the gun up. That said it was based on a completely different operating system, I think there would have to be a more positive lock-up in the action than the typical Browning tilting barrel lock-up??? But I like where Brahma's head is on this.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brahma View Post
    I'd like to see a VP7SK chambered with the MP7 ammo with a double stack mag.

Not to be the negative Nancy of the bunch, but why? It's a niche round that currently only exists in a platform unavailable to the extreme majority of gun owners. It seems to be a round developed for a very specific purpose and really only shines with burst fire. There may be a few out there would want to get one if HK crammed 22 rounds in the grip, but knowing HK they would limit it to 15.

If they released an MP7 civie platform along with a VP4.6 it may sell a little, but as a stand alone I really don't think they'd realize much return on investment here.
    one word...Thundercougarfalconbird

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would have been nice to read through this 19 page thread without the 80% nonsense of ammo and caliber. Sorry, but we can't be that lucky. Hopefully the parties involved were able to "Reholster" after swinging it around, without getting it stuck in the zipper.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Words cannot express HK disappointed I am to not see a VP9SK, VP45 or even a VP40 yet. I cannot wait to unload my M&Ps and Glocks.

Requiescat in Pace
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LCSO264 View Post
    I must say, this is something I'd not thought of....... A 4.6mm VP pattern handgun..... I don't know what they would have to do to make this work, as the original handgun chambered in 4.6mm didn't make it past the prototype phase, due to the round tearing the gun up. That said it was based on a completely different operating system, I think there would have to be a more positive lock-up in the action than the typical Browning tilting barrel lock-up??? But I like where Brahma's head is on this.
    A conventional Browning-style blow-back locking system is not going to cut it for the 4.6x30mm round - simply not robust enough. Even the unique system on the UCP/P46 did not provide the security the German engineers desired (though they did shoot well during desert testing). Shame - cool gun.

And for those who would respond "Well FH did it with the 5.7mm round and the FiveSeven pistol" the two rounds operate completely differently. The 5.7 round operates the weapons based on the shoulder set-back process, the 4.6 does not and is far more powerful as well. Compare 5.7 or P90 rounds before and after firing and look at where the fired case shoulder is compared to the unfired round.

G3Kurz

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G3Kurz View Post
    A conventional Browning-style blow-back locking system is not going to cut it for the 4.6x30mm round - simply not robust enough. Even the unique system on the UCP/P46 did not provide the security the German engineers desired (though they did shoot well during desert testing). Shame - cool gun.

And for those who would respond "Well FH did it with the 5.7mm round and the FiveSeven pistol" the two rounds operate completely differently. The 5.7 round operates the weapons based on the shoulder set-back process, the 4.6 does not and is far more powerful as well. Compare 5.7 or P90 rounds before and after firing and look at where the fired case shoulder is compared to the unfired round.

G3Kurz
    I dared to dream...

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G3Kurz View Post

G3Kurz
    What exactly are you referring to here with the 5.7 cases? I have a FiveSeven and I don't think I have ever at least noticed any difference in the brass. I ask because I was thinking of reloading them to be able to put together some "exotic" rounds but is the brass stressed that much in the 5.7 out of a pistol? Or are you referring to the P90/PS90 all of which I have had at some point.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Sponsored Links