Franklin Armory Binary Trigger for HK Rollerlocks and Bushmaster ACR released at SHOT - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Franklin Armory Binary Trigger for HK Rollerlocks and Bushmaster ACR released at SHOT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks like fun, so of course it's not allowed in Commiefornia. Any updates?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Weird how this makes it legal to fire more than one shot per trigger pull.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Handy View Post
    Weird how this makes it legal to fire more than one shot per trigger pull.
    A single movement of the trigger can be the pull OR the release; however, the pull AND the release comprise two separate trigger movements--each capable of firing one round. That's not technically nor legally the same as two-round burst resulting from merely pulling the trigger. ATF is bright enough, and honest enough, to concede that these are two different concepts.
    Sparkplugs are irrelevant.
    Plenty of HK's and clones.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

But the Calif. DOJ is not.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diesel1959 View Post
    A single movement of the trigger can be the pull OR the release; however, the pull AND the release comprise two separate trigger movements--each capable of firing one round. That's not technically nor legally the same as two-round burst resulting from merely pulling the trigger. ATF is bright enough, and honest enough, to concede that these are two different concepts.
    I realize the difference, I just thought the law read "a single pull of the trigger". I just think it is odd to get the ATF to agree to call the release of a previously "pulled" trigger to be a pull of its own. Alternately, it is odd that the ATF would certify a device that causes the gun to fire if you let go of the gun. It's like a negative dead man's switch.

Imagine what would happen if a Sheriff got your attention after you fired the first shot but before you released the second shot? I assume the safety will stop the second shot from firing, but will an LEO be willing to accept your hesitation while you put the safety on or the discharge that must occur if you simply drop the weapon?

I think this thing is really cool, I'm just wondering what's going to happen when such a device can be found in common pistols and not just among discount class three enthusiasts.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Seeing as how you can "safe" the weapon and negate the fire-upon-release, it's not the equivalent of a "dead-man's switch". ;)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Seeing as how you can "safe" the weapon and negate the fire-upon-release, it's not the equivalent of a "dead-man's switch". ;)
    A "dead man's switch" means a device that stops a machine from function even if the operator is dead. I said that this is a "negative dead man's switch" since it will cause a shot to be fired if the operator dies.

I was reading the old definition of machinegun, though. The "pull" language went away in favor of: "The National Firearms Act defines "machinegun" as "any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger." 26 U.S.C. 5845(b)

Trigger return could be seen as a "single function".
    Last edited by diesel1959; 07-03-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Handy View Post
    A "dead man's switch" means a device that stops a machine from function even if the operator is dead. I said that this is a "negative dead man's switch" since it will cause a shot to be fired if the operator dies.

I was reading the old definition of machinegun, though. The "pull" language went away in favor of: "The National Firearms Act defines "machinegun" as "any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger." 26 U.S.C. 5845(b)

Trigger return could be seen as a "single function".
    You're thinking about this too hard. (BTW, I accidentally had edited your post. I corrected my error and then did this post.)

Trigger pull and trigger return ARE each single functions. That's precisely why binary/echo triggers are legal.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

You're thinking about this too hard. (BTW, I accidentally had edited your post. I corrected my error and then did this post.)

Trigger pull and trigger return ARE each single functions. That's precisely why binary/echo triggers are legal.
    I understand that, that's why I posted the quote from the NFA.

I just think it is interesting to have a firearm that is specifically designed to fire if you let go of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wonder how the recent events in Vegas are gonna affect the sale of bump stocks, trigger cranks and binary triggers.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links