HKPRO Forums banner

So where is the BIG Announcement from HK?

12K views 52 replies 33 participants last post by  fargo007 
#1 ·
After all the lead up you would think people would be falling all over themselves to post the information.

#3 ·
But...but....G3Kruz had the inside dope??

#5 ·
The 'BIG Announcement from HK" was that they have expanded and built a US design and production facility. Though that does not result in a shiny new product or two at the booth at SHOT this year, the impact is significant towards long term goals which will result in much greater access to US commercial products, as well as new options that would otherwise not be available due to German Government, EU and other restrictions.

#9 ·
Actually I could care less about new HK products (not interested in yet another poly pistol or AR clone) and just find it interesting that HK thinks so much of itself that it skips the single biggest weapons related event in the US for new product announcements.

#12 ·
If you keep up with things happening over time and announcements you can pretty much figure out what at least some of the products coming are. One person had it right on here as far as all the companies were waiting for the results of the election before dumping out millions into product development or plant development..LOL

#13 · (Edited)
It appears more firearms companies are doing the same thing, so don't know what the big deal is. Seems more companies are now waiting to debut a product when it is actually ready, and only put out a couple teasers a couple months/weeks prior to release, instead of debuting a product at SHOT and then listening to people bitch when it isn't released quickly enough for them or doesn't get put into production after all.

Plus, if you are one of the big boys, you don't need SHOT show to debut anything. If you are an esstablished industry name, people will sit up and take notice if you debut a product on Twitter at 2 in the morning on a Tuesday. The big names don't need SHOT, SHOT needs them, especially with the amount of firearms pages online that will break the news just as easily to wider audiences.

I guarantee that the next big HK announcement will make us tent our trousers and have several threads on this forum and others. Haters and fanboys will be talking about it, and it won't be because it debuted at SHOT, it will be because it is HK.

This post has been deleted
#32 ·
Polish ones are of higher overall quality and "Buy Polish" ;)

But seriously, I do not have NDA or something. Just guy who let me go troughs materials said "do not write about it now, I will let you know when you can". And that's it. G3Kurz wrote about it: it is called trust. I will not betray it to become "most cool guy on the Internet" for whole 5 minutes.

#33 ·
Honor is a rare commodity nowadays. I am never amazed anymore when someone will sell their Honor cheap then be completely offended when called on it. Honor is one thing you either have or you don't. You can't just have some of it, it's all or nothing in my eyes.

#41 ·
Yuuuup. I think the guys clamoring for new releases have maybe never shelled out a couple Gs for an SBR or some cans or (gulp) something full auto only to have to wait for 6-12 months to take possession. It is an exercise that certainly cultivates zen level patience. And seriously, there aren't enough HK toys to play with? I'm as excited as the next guy for new stuff but come on. No matter what it is it can't be as cool as a P7 anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.