Shot show makes it obvious HK is falling behind. - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Shot show makes it obvious HK is falling behind.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

We should see the HK243 by 2020 and MR556 A3 by next year. That’s enough new products to keep HK going for a while longer. If we ever see a SP7, you know HK’s in financial deep sh1t so be careful for what we wish for.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I must be wierd: For what H&K's do for me, i'm not interested in "new"; I want tried, true, BORINGLY reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    ... that USP rail was the Beta Max of accessory rails. And what's more insulting is they don't even make lights for it anymore and they still won't change the stupid thing. (I do not accept the apologist..."just get a rail adapter" BS either) HK has a TON of "firsts" in the industry; what difference does it make if it can't last and compete when others catch up or (dare I say) eclipse it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    This same whining every year. They announced the coolest thing in YEARS from them (SP5) a month or so ago. They are tuning up their VP9. I guess they could be like SIG and just barf out beta crap every year ...
    Quote Originally Posted by flybynt
    ... IMHO lights and rail on pistols suck anyways...
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoi View Post
    ... Kind of seems like its just been same ol boring melty polymer handguns
    Quote Originally Posted by CPshooter View Post
    ... Please leave the USP as is. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamont View Post
    ... the HK-USA folks look at me like I have a dick growing out of my forehead when I tell them they could sell 10k MP7 semi's ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    ... If we ever see a SP7, you know HK’s in financial deep sh1t so be careful for what we wish for ...
    ^^Lots of fun content here, this proves the relevance of HKPro in that we HK fans need somewhere to vent! Its hard to not notice all of the SHOT stuff other manufacturers churn out, while HK has a lot less action on the "hot new releases" front. Missed opportunities? Sure. Jim Schatz (RIP) himself acknowledged this multiple times. But to repeat some of the other comments here, HK isn't one to release fads or be quick to release a new product on the same timeline as other manufacturers because they have another year or so of R&D to make sure it is perfect out of the gate. THAT is why I'm here, and why I keep drinking the same sweet trickle of HKool-Aid. But for me the positives always outweigh the negatives.

I want HK to announce full part availability at SHOT. That's always been my gripe. Legacy parts would be great but I would settle for currently supported products. How awesome would it be to be able to buy all MR and MP5/SP5 parts from hk? Need a rear site drum or A3 stock? Just click and done. Wouldn't that be nice? SP5 isn't there yet, but for the sp5k on the HK webshop there is currently a half page of in stock and two and a half pages of out of stock parts. (For the MR556: 1.5 pages in stock/ 2.5 pages OOS). I hate relying on GB and/or 3rd party sellers.
    68fan and LCSO264 like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

We should see the HK243 by 2020 and MR556 A3 by next year. That’s enough new products to keep HK going for a while longer. If we ever see a SP7, you know HK’s in financial deep sh1t so be careful for what we wish for.
    Did HK say they are releasing the 243 & A3 or is this just speculation because they need the money? The SP7 is a dream but I like to dream too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Default Shot show makes it obvious HK is falling behind.

Quote Originally Posted by ybnqskp View Post
    Did HK say they are releasing the 243 & A3 or is this just speculation because they need the money? The SP7 is a dream but I like to dream too.
    Speculation, but if HK has any business acumen, they should release the 243 and A3 ASAP. We’ve been waiting long enough.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

igs
    Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Speculation, but if HK has any business acumen, they should release the 243 and A3 ASAP. We’ve been waiting long enough.
    IMO an MR556K and MR556C are more important.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by igs View Post
    IMO an MR556K and MR556C are more important.
    HK is not going to release any factory sbr’s. I wish they would but I don’t see it happening.

igs
    Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

HK is not going to release any factory sbr’s. I wish they would but I don’t see it happening.
    Not as SBRs but pistols.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think that unless they start building them stateside, you're right, due to 922(r) concerns. In much the same way that German regulations cause some of the things I find problematic about the MR556 compared to the 416. (If I had my way, a semiauto only 416 would be identical to a full auto 416 with the exception of the auto sear and the trigger group parts that enable full auto fire.) I have a 416 upper on a BCM lower, so I don't have to worry about the things that annoy me.)

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by igs View Post
    Not as SBRs but pistols.
    That would make to much sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i just hope/wish/pray H&K will throw their hat in the ring with competition to the Hellcat, P365, etc a P365 sized hammer fired pistol with 10+1 would be a big hit. or maybe at 81 yrs of age i'm too set in my ways.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Sponsored Links