Shot show makes it obvious HK is falling behind. - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Shot show makes it obvious HK is falling behind.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I'm on a James Bond bingewatching tear.

The henchman in "Diamonds are Forever" had orange boots, hats, and accoutrements.

This would have gone GREAT with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRsdJQIhcDo

Requiescat in Pace

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fargo007 View Post
    It may be true that they have nothing to say at the moment.

That aside, to point out that HK doesn't communicate with its customers like other international companies at the same scale do is a justifiable criticism.

I'm hoping that their new manufacturing facility in Columbus GA provokes a positive change in that, and we see them begin to interact directly with their US customer base to positive effect for both HK and all of us as consumers of their most excellent products.
    On the one hand, them touching the hand with rookies/newbies/those who THINK they know about guns ( but don't)... nah, they don't care. Neither do I (nor most do folks I know) always know, and PARTICULARY DO NOT care about it. I used to care about things like that... lots of people still do, and most of these person types mean the best about it. That is one thing that actually does good for most of the beginners. Us old timers, particular those of us who have seen the end of the time clock, not very far past them... well, you don't want to know about it. Trust me on that.

I was a trooper for 30 years. Things were still "old" at first, I carried a .357 revolver and 18 extra rounds, for my first 10 years. All that has changed, better or worse can be thought of more than one way, but it almost always must be handled by cops the way the bosses want. And sometimes THEY are good and righteous. Sometimes they aren't.

Bottom lid, they are directly at military/civilian police handguns, that is what they will talk to you about, ANYTHING talked to you about a civilian carried handgun is not exactly the direct way to do it right, etc., etc. At least, that is what I have been seeing lately. Perhaps they are getting better. Again, I have all my stuff figured out now, so I simply don't worry about these days. Coming up on ten years, been retired but back in working since leaving. I'm pretty beat back by the ever-changing medical crap these days... damn, a little past six months ago I HAD no problems. Oh, well. It's been a pretty good one, so I cannot really do any crying about it. :-)

BTW, hopefully I can keep all of these on case. Sometimes during the major inserts (ONE day left, thank goodness), I get... confused. Sigh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LSP 972 View Post
    On the one hand, them touching the hand with rookies/newbies/those who THINK they know about guns ( but don't)... nah, they don't care. Neither do I (nor most do folks I know) always know, and PARTICULARY DO NOT care about it. I used to care about things like that... lots of people still do, and most of these person types mean the best about it. That is one thing that actually does good for most of the beginners. Us old timers, particular those of us who have seen the end of the time clock, not very far past them... well, you don't want to know about it. Trust me on that.

I was a trooper for 30 years. Things were still "old" at first, I carried a .357 revolver and 18 extra rounds, for my first 10 years. All that has changed, better or worse can be thought of more than one way, but it almost always must be handled by cops the way the bosses want. And sometimes THEY are good and righteous. Sometimes they aren't.

Bottom lid, they are directly at military/civilian police handguns, that is what they will talk to you about, ANYTHING talked to you about a civilian carried handgun is not exactly the direct way to do it right, etc., etc. At least, that is what I have been seeing lately. Perhaps they are getting better. Again, I have all my stuff figured out now, so I simply don't worry about these days. Coming up on ten years, been retired but back in working since leaving. I'm pretty beat back by the ever-changing medical crap these days... damn, a little past six months ago I HAD no problems. Oh, well. It's been a pretty good one, so I cannot really do any crying about it. :-)

BTW, hopefully I can keep all of these on case. Sometimes during the major inserts (ONE day left, thank goodness), I get... confused. Sigh.

Good advice as always. Hang Tough!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I too think HK needs to get off the pot and do something for the Non military buyers.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 31STMEUSOC View Post
    I too think HK needs to get off the pot and do something for the Non military buyers.
    Holy necrothread.

Ya know .. this sort of thing amuses me. There are plenty of companies catering to the civvie market, but they just aren't cool. A large part of what makes HK have the collector allure that it does is precisely because of their adoption by professionals as uber-cool-guy stuff, the prevalence in movies, and so on.

This point shouldn't be overlooked. On top of the often repeated technical points regarding R&D, testing, and the like; and the inherent tension between putting out products to catch every wave of the newest trends vs. making a product that will PERFORM year after year and so on -- we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that HKs are the supermodels of the gun world for a reason.

And whining about how supermodels dont date average overweight regular dudes is just dumb.

Like it or not in this life, there is something to the concept of 'the elite' -- this concept exists in different domains. Financial, attractiveness, athleticism, intelligence, etc. But they all come with perks, and quite frankly expectations that need to be met in order to keep that status.

It would not do for Porsche to make a pick up truck.
    bauerdb likes this.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I must be wierd:
    For what H&K's do for me, i'm not interested in "new"; I want tried, true, BORINGLY reliable.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat... 2. Shoot guns... 3. Fire... 4. Gasoline... 5. Make juniors

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    Holy necrothread.
    Common practice for members who have less than 50 posts.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I must be wierd:
    For what H&K's do for me, i'm not interested in "new"; I want tried, true, BORINGLY reliable.
    Yeah, it’s been a few years since I bought a “new” HK. Never owned any AR rifle platforms (come out with shorty uppers that are plug and play with a full auto receiver), and no VP series pistols (I’m sure I’ll get one or two eventually). Still waiting for a supermodel MP7 that will fall for this average over weight HK collector.
    sickness likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    Yeah, it’s been a few years since I bought a “new” HK. Never owned any AR rifle platforms (come out with shorty uppers that are plug and play with a full auto receiver), and no VP series pistols (I’m sure I’ll get one or two eventually). Still waiting for a supermodel MP7 that will fall for this average over weight HK collector.
    Tom has you covered....patience priscilla

However I know this won't fully satisfy your mp7 desires since you are a pureist at heart.
    But lets be real, most of the time unless your SUPER RICH middle aged average overweight guys dont get the supermodel.

Shot show makes it obvious HK is falling behind.-giphy.gif
    Last edited by flybynt; 07-24-2019 at 02:55 AM.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Sponsored Links