Shot show makes it obvious HK is falling behind.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Shot show makes it obvious HK is falling behind.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Shot show makes it obvious HK is falling behind.

HK must have priorities other than the commercial market because it feels like it's an after thought. Reviewing pistols at shot show we see many manufacturers with pistols of all frame sizes, new strikers introduced in multiple sizes (FD, compact, etc.) slides pre-cut for red dots, and many threaded barrel models that come standard with suppressor sights (my biggest pet peeve with the VP9 Tactical)
    And the pricing on the P30? Walther just introduced the Creed, a hammer fired DAO pistol (think Lem) for less than its striker fired guns. And a far better trigger than Lem which is frankly old technology. I think I am finished with waiting for the crumbs of the military and LE markets to be tossed my way.

Frustrated HK fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by philly01; 01-22-2017 at 03:38 PM.

FS1
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I understand and share your frustration but I don't agree. Greatness makes its own rules and follows no one. They provide me the most nourishing satisfying Crumbs I have ever tasted. I will enjoy those Crumbs and always want more. JMHO
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal that made good under pressure!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fs1 View Post
    i understand and share your frustration but i don't agree. Greatness makes its own rules and follows no one. They provide me the most nourishing satisfying crumbs i have ever tasted. I will enjoy those crumbs and always want more. Jmho
    +1 agreed

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

New products are coming later this year. Stop panicking.

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by philly01 View Post
    HK must have priorities other than the commercial market because it feels like it's an after thought. Reviewing pistols at shot show we see many manufacturers with pistols of all frame sizes, new strikers introduced in multiple sizes (FD, compact, etc.) Frames pre-cut for red dots, and many threaded barrel models that come standard with suppressor sights (my biggest pet peeve with the VP9 Tactical)
    And the pricing on the P30? Walther just introduced the Creed, a hammer fired DAO pistol (think Lem) for less than its striker fired guns. And a far better trigger than Lem which is frankly old technology. I think I am finished with waiting for the crumbs of the military and LE markets to be tossed my way.

Frustrated HK fan

While I am far from being an HK fanboy, or any brand, fanboy, what's shown at the SHOT ends up being mostly crap. Precut for RDS? SIG introduced two new ones like that with much fanfare. Except precut for their own Romeo that has been less than stellar and doesn't allow for iron sight and RDS mounting at the same time. They will not take off except with SIG fanboys. Threaded barrels with can height size have little commercial value, or practical use. Etc. HK may be sitting on their asses for a bit long but at least they don't waste themselves on useless or low yield crap.

BTW, Creed's DAO is much older technology than LEM, has a DAO reset and can't be shot at the same speed as LEM. And has no grip modularity that in 2017 should be a standard feature for plastic guns.

Keep venting, bro.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SHOT show is a bit of a joke anymore, really. With the internet being what it is, there isn't much being released at SHOT that people haven't known about or at least heard rumors about for months beforehand.

As for HK, why rush development just to get something ready for SHOT? I'd much rather they perfect the design and not get some half-assed something or other slapped together just so they have something to show off. The SP5K, for example wasn't officially introduced until the NRA show last year. It sounds like HK has some really cool stuff in the pipeline, and fr that i'm willing to wait.

In fact, i'm ready for shot to be over with so things can return to normal and vendors/manufacturers/retailers start answering phone calls and emails again.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Why does everyone think that if you don't make some huge announcement at shot show then you are a failing company? HK historically announces new products at the NRA show. Just chill out for a while...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FS1 View Post
    I understand and share your frustration but I don't agree. Greatness makes its own rules and follows no one. They provide me the most nourishing satisfying Crumbs I have ever tasted. I will enjoy those Crumbs and always want more. JMHO
    Rationalizing but that's cool.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    While I am far from being an HK fanboy, or any brand, fanboy, what's shown at the SHOT ends up being mostly crap. Precut for RDS? SIG introduced two new ones like that with much fanfare. Except precut for their own Romeo that has been less than stellar and doesn't allow for iron sight and RDS mounting at the same time. They will not take off except with SIG fanboys. Threaded barrels with can height size have little commercial value, or practical use. Etc. HK may be sitting on their asses for a bit long but at least they don't waste themselves on useless or low yield crap.

BTW, Creed's DAO is much older technology than LEM, has a DAO reset and can't be shot at the same speed as LEM. And has no grip modularity that in 2017 should be a standard feature for plastic guns.

Keep venting, bro.
    Actually the Sig RX does allow for iron site cowitness standard.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post

Keep venting, bro.
    Creed uses a pre cocked system without the long take up

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links