Octane 9mm Endcaps - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Octane 9mm Endcaps

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drvais View Post
    Or does anyone know somebody trying to part with one?
    I will see if my rugged obsidian45 9mm endcap works in my octane9. Those are still available.
    LRM19k likes this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mp View Post
    Silencer Shop and SilencerCo parted ways since this cap was available. Pretty sure Silencer Shop does not carry anything SilencerCo related anymore.
    Silencer Shop announced they were resuming business relations with SilencerCo at SHOT this year. Too soon to say if it means the Octane 9mm endcap is coming back, but it's possible.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

@LRM19k @drvais

This is certainly NOT definitive as I do not have an Octane45, but as expected the thread pitch on the octane9 and obsidian45 are the same. Not knowing what a octane45 baffle stack or endcap measure out at, I will offer that the obsidian45 9mm endcap is ~.47" inches with no shoulder to stop it from threading in to engage the baffle stack.

Octane 9mm Endcaps-20180207_180356.jpg

I will also mention that my 9mm endcap is unused, and I almost exclusively use my obsidian45 in 'K' config, mostly on my reverse stretch, and now omega Gideon. It's one less thing to swap out.
    Last edited by kbinmt; 02-08-2018 at 12:20 AM.
    LRM19k likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    @LRM19k @drvais

This is certainly NOT definitive as I do not have an Octane45, but as expected the thread pitch on the octane9 and obsidian45 are the same. Not knowing what a octane45 baffle stack or endcap measure out at, I will offer that the obsidian45 9mm endcap is ~.47" inches with no shoulder to stop it from threading in to engage the baffle stack.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180207_180356.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	4.01 MB 
ID:	176786

I will also mention that my 9mm endcap is unused, and I almost exclusively use my obsidian45 in 'K' config, mostly on my reverse stretch, and now omega Gideon. It's one less thing to swap out.
    Thanks for the info! I'll still try to err on the side of caution though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaptor View Post
    Silencer Shop announced they were resuming business relations with SilencerCo at SHOT this year. Too soon to say if it means the Octane 9mm endcap is coming back, but it's possible.
    This is great news for me as a prior customer (shoot with Osprey and Oct 9 on VP9s and USPs). But that Omega 9K has caught my attention.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaptor View Post
    Ahhhh, they kissed an made up. Warms my heart. "Let's hug it out, bitch!"
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I thought SilencerCo said the 9mm endcaps on Octane 45s were bad juju, and they’d seen endcap strikes, probably from folks who forgot to tighten the can down periodically. That’s why I thought they kinda vanished from the market. Either way, the 1 to 1.5 dBm difference really isn’t worth the squeeze.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

When I put a 9mm end cap on my Obsidian 45 change pistons and shoot it on a Sig MK25 or a M&P Core pro I got frequent end cap strikes with the 9mm cap on. I have factory or Jarvis threaded barrels and always use VibraTite VC-3 on my threads, gently small strap wrench snug it and check it frequently. Have no idea what happens but it sounds like gje same thing happens with the Octane. Really not worth the expense and subsequent damage for that little dB improvement. Got a Kraken 9, Obsidian9 M, and a TiRant 9M for my 9's now. Dedicated cans are almost always quieter than 45 cans on a 9. You would think the extra volume in the bigger cans would help but it can't overcome the suppressor center channel size. The only exception to this I have ever personally witnessed was when SilencerCo was at our range and the rep said and I heard with my own ears that the Osprey 45 full size suppressor is quieter on a 9mm Sig P226 than the dedicated Osprey 9 and it was a noticable difference so it had to be at least 3 dB or so.

George from Alaska

HK45T DA/SA
    HK45T Light LEM
    Mark 23 90's era, no lockout
    P30L v3, another on it's way
    P30L Light LEM
    USP .45 Elite
    registered MP5 SEF select fire
    other NFA items

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links