Form 4 Barcode System Approved By ATF! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Form 4 Barcode System Approved By ATF!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silencer_jeremy View Post
    ATF receives form and enters data into the system. Examiner reviews form. FBI runs background check. Silencer is approved and form 4 is mailed to dealer.

Wait times are expected to drop under 90 days with this new system.
    So, when I recieve back my approved Form 4, it is signed and has a stamp affixed with serial# over top of it. That tells me someone is handling paper forms, beyond data entry into "the system". I guess my question is- when the examiners are examining, are they looking at the digital copy of my form that someone has put into the system, or are they holding my stack of papers and looking over my trust, rpq, form 4 and fingerprint cards? I guess if the bottleneck is data entry, in getting the paper forms from the data entry people, into the hands of the examiners, I can see how this would speed things up.
    [Insert Witty Comment Here]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The problem I have is that it puts the work load BATF was doing for their $200 on dealers to collect and enter each responsible person, while still making the same profit...

I do not see the benefit on the dealer side; only the extra work of data entry which the BATF is happy to hand off while still making $200 per stamp for less work...
    FFL/SOT
    Wisconsin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can you believe they were running a 50% error rate lmao!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gopherboy128 View Post
    So, when I recieve back my approved Form 4, it is signed and has a stamp affixed with serial# over top of it. That tells me someone is handling paper forms, beyond data entry into "the system". I guess my question is- when the examiners are examining, are they looking at the digital copy of my form that someone has put into the system, or are they holding my stack of papers and looking over my trust, rpq, form 4 and fingerprint cards? I guess if the bottleneck is data entry, in getting the paper forms from the data entry people, into the hands of the examiners, I can see how this would speed things up.
    Data entry is like a pre check. They catch the big errors and such before the examiners. The examiner does get your actual hard copy.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, CRUX, Dead Air, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Q, Rugged Suppressors, SilencerCo, SIG Sauer Silencers, SureFire Suppressors, Tactical Solutions, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine
    Hidden Content / Hidden Content / Hidden Content
    512-931-4556

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shooting systems View Post
    The problem I have is that it puts the work load BATF was doing for their $200 on dealers to collect and enter each responsible person, while still making the same profit...

I do not see the benefit on the dealer side; only the extra work of data entry which the BATF is happy to hand off while still making $200 per stamp for less work...
    Don't forget the tax they charge when the finished product is manufactured as well.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Data entry is like a pre check. They catch the big errors and such before the examiners. The examiner does get your actual hard copy.
    Ok, so then what I am getting from your posts are that the bottleneck in getting my forms through the system, is the data entry, and not the actual "approval" by the examiners? And that is why this barcode system will reduce wait times so drastically?

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gopherboy128 View Post
    Ok, so then what I am getting from your posts are that the bottleneck in getting my forms through the system, is the data entry, and not the actual "approval" by the examiners? And that is why this barcode system will reduce wait times so drastically?
    That is correct. There are a lot of bottlenecks but this was the easiest to fix and the largest choke point.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, CRUX, Dead Air, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Q, Rugged Suppressors, SilencerCo, SIG Sauer Silencers, SureFire Suppressors, Tactical Solutions, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine
    Hidden Content / Hidden Content / Hidden Content
    512-931-4556

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

That is correct. There are a lot of bottlenecks but this was the easiest to fix and the largest choke point.
    Thank You Sir!!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you buy now we predict 6 months. If you buy at the end of the year it should be under 90 days.
    Next year it is then. What works good for a 45c. I need something quiet

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mayhem View Post
    Next year it is then. What works good for a 45c. I need something quiet

AAC Ti-Rant 45 (dont know about the modular option) is what I would use. I like my Ti-Rant more than my Osprey 45.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links