Form 4 Barcode System Approved By ATF!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Form 4 Barcode System Approved By ATF!

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Form 4 Barcode System Approved By ATF!

We’ve been working closely with the ATF to take all the information contained on a Form 4 and embedded it into a barcode on the first page. This ground-breaking setup allows ATF staff to simply scan this barcode, which instantly populates the appropriate fields of the ATF database. By utilizing our barcoded forms, the ATF data entry personnel will no longer need to manually type tedious information into their system. A quick scan turns what would’ve taken several minutes into mere seconds, and then they’re on to the next form. This new approved system will benefit both the consumer and dealer by:

Increasing ATF Speed
    •In testing the new barcoding system we’ve already submitted over 3,000 Form 4’s to the ATF, and the ATF time to process these forms has improved tenfold.

Increasing Efficiency
    •Silencer Shop error rate for submitting post-41F Form 4’s with the ATF was close to zero before and now with the new approved process, it’ll be even lower.

The industry-wide error rate is close to 50% for forms submitted post-41F to the ATF, which we’re also working to address with our Form 4 Generator.

Form more information check out the rest of our blog post. https://blog.silencershop.com/f4-bar...proved-by-atf/
    HKGuns and GraveDigger78 like this.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, CRUX, Dead Air, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Q, Rugged Suppressors, SilencerCo, SIG Sauer Silencers, SureFire Suppressors, Tactical Solutions, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine
    Hidden Content / Hidden Content / Hidden Content
    512-931-4556

Premium Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

saw this hit this weekend. such awesome news. kudos guys.
    - UMP SBR .45
    - PCS-9 MP5 SBR OD Green
    - PTR-91 J.L.D.
    - HK45T OD Green
    - HK45 x2 - OD Green, Black
    - HK45CT
    - HK45C Tan
    - P30LS
    - P30S Grey
    - P30SK
    - VP9 LE FDE
    - VP9SK LE
    - G36 22LR (Walther)
    - MP5 A5 22LR (Walther)

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Work with ATF to use this barcode system for batch approvals. If I have 6 forms scanned, and the error rate is so close to 0%- when they get to the first form in my list of submissions, and it's approved, why can't they rubber-stamp the remaining number of forms, and get all of them out of the queue at once?! THAT would be impressive!
    [Insert Witty Comment Here]

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gopherboy128 View Post
    Work with ATF to use this barcode system for batch approvals. If I have 6 forms scanned, and the error rate is so close to 0%- when they get to the first form in my list of submissions, and it's approved, why can't they rubber-stamp the remaining number of forms, and get all of them out of the queue at once?! THAT would be impressive!
    We will continue to innovate and work with the ATF.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, CRUX, Dead Air, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Q, Rugged Suppressors, SilencerCo, SIG Sauer Silencers, SureFire Suppressors, Tactical Solutions, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine
    512-931-4556

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silencer_jeremy View Post
    We will continue to innovate and work with the ATF.

Great Job Jeremy!! You guys/gals at SS are doing more then will probably happen anyway else. I doubt we will see any Pro Gun Laws passed during this administration at this time. Glad to see you guys/gals at SS are being Proactive and NOT just waiting and hoping on HPA!!

Good Job!!

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Can somebody explain to me how the ATF goes about approving the NFA forms?

also, what is the expected wait in drop time with this new barcode system? from 12 month to 11 or less?

in any case I'm hyped. I need to get some supp.'s
    Hk 416
    Hk UMP45
    Hk MP5K-N
    Hk MP5K
    Hk MP5FA2
    Hk MK23
    B&TAPC223

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sextus View Post
    Can somebody explain to me how the ATF goes about approving the NFA forms?

also, what is the expected wait in drop time with this new barcode system? from 12 month to 11 or less?

in any case I'm hyped. I need to get some supp.'s
    ATF receives form and enters data into the system. Examiner reviews form. FBI runs background check. Silencer is approved and form 4 is mailed to dealer.

Wait times are expected to drop under 90 days with this new system.
    Silencer Shop
    512-931-4556

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If we get back to the days of 90 day approvals, I will be one that goes out and buys a can every 3 months. Just ordered an Oculus end of June so I am in a wait and see mode.
    What the hell? Hidden Content

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silencer_jeremy View Post
    ATF receives form and enters data into the system. Examiner reviews form. FBI runs background check. Silencer is approved and form 4 is mailed to dealer.

Wait times are expected to drop under 90 days with this new system.
    Under 90 days? Come on, really? How is a barcode going to decrease the wait time from 9-12+ months down to under 90 days? Don't get me wrong, I would be happier than a pig in $hit if you are right but that sounds too good to be true...

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpies View Post
    Under 90 days? Come on, really? How is a barcode going to decrease the wait time from 9-12+ months down to under 90 days? Don't get me wrong, I would be happier than a pig in $hit if you are right but that sounds too good to be true...

It will be under 90 by years end I will take bets on that, 41F glut is gone sales are in the $hit House, and now they have this.. Easy Money!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links