JK Armament Form 1 Suppressor DIY

Thread: JK Armament Form 1 Suppressor DIY

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default JK Armament Form 1 Suppressor DIY

JK Armament Form 1 Suppressor DIY anyone have any experience with these? was thinking maybe for my sp5. Form 1 in weeks vs waiting forvever... they are out of stock right now though Silencer Shop

Chris
    Last edited by Chris0275; 04-30-2020 at 06:48 PM.
    I’m no hero but I’ve walked beside a few

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0275 View Post
    JK Armament Form 1 Suppressor DIY anyone have any experience with these? was thinking maybe for my sp5. Form 1 in weeks vs waiting forvever... they are out of stock right now though Silencer Shop

Chris

Can't speak to the JK solvent trap but do get what you are saying about the wait time. I'm going a different route and having a re-core done. It will be a 1 3/4" x 8" co-axial with titanium tube and SS internals. Also be a dedicated PCC with tri-lug mount. If not for the wait on the Griffin mount, it would be done about same time it takes for the Form1 approval.

Some gun guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0275 View Post

Chris
    Same as above. I have no experience with JK armament, but I jumped on the form 1 train while I was waiting for my Nomad to clear. I used more typical form 1 parts than what JK is offering. 60-degree cones, a couple spacers, and 1.5"od * 1.375" id tube. Did a bit of a botch-job with drilling the baffles, but it's way over-bored anyway for what I use it for. 30-cal can by bore diameter, but I only ever intended to use it on 5.56 or 6.5 autoloaders. My attempt to cut down on backpressure. Worst comes to worst, I sent it to an SOT willing to re-core it.

Honestly, the JK design looks really tempting for pistol calibers. 11.8oz as shown with centers intact, and configurable. You could even get more sections and keep adding on. If it ever comes back into stock, I'm considering it for a pistol can. Form 1 cans can be very good as long as the tolerances are there.

I don't know about using it on a rifle, though. I just keep thinking about an InRangeTV video where Karl mentions the aluminum AK can he sent downrange. There's probably a reason most rifle cans are made out of steel or titanium.

To be clear, my Nomad's check cashed 7/6/19. Form 1 filed 8/29/19. Form 1 approval on 10/1/19. I just received my Nomad's approval on 5/1/20, still waiting on stamp. Without filing a form 1, that would've been eight suppressor-less months while I waited for the Nomad to clear if I hadn't made my own.

Sponsored Links