After Action Report: May 2016 Teufelshund Tactical Pistol and Adv SMG Operator Course - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: After Action Report: May 2016 Teufelshund Tactical Pistol and Adv SMG Operator Course

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma05 View Post
    Especially for Dan for pushing each other in the team drills.
    Thank you sir! Truly a privilege to get even a taste of the knowledge you have!
    One day Buddah was sitting under a tree.
    A knight walked up and said: "You look like a Pig."
    Buddah replied: "And you look like a god."
    The knight, obviously puzzled asked: "What makes you say that?"
    Buddah replied: "My son, we see in others what we see in ourselves."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Al thank you sir! James and I appreciate the feedback sir. You are excellent student and we learn as much from you and your training as we are able to teach. Hope to see you soon and I promise we will challenge you to the next level!
    Ben Bergamini
    Teufelshund Tactical
    H&K Submachinegun and Rifle Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol/Rifle Instructor
    TECC Certified MEDIC

Hidden Content

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma05 View Post
    Sorry for the delayed post, but I left the day after to go overseas. I think pretty much everyone covered what I would have said anyways. I do want add a couple of things.

First. I want to thank James to allow me to run my NVGs during the class. It was the perfect occasion to really test my gear on my UMP. Even though I had already had plenty of low light and and NVG training, never with my UMP setup. Thanks to that I found some flaws in my setup. The fact that he setup such varied night drills was also great because not all of them were NVG drills. I had to transition between my NVGs and white light. That was an amazing training opportunity and I'm so grateful for having been able to test myself and my gear.

Second. It was amazing to see how much everyone had improved from the beginners class. That's proof that James' method of progression in his teaching is spot on. That also applies to this class, because even though I have more extensive training than most people in the class, the way you start with basic drills and work it up to more complex ones, really helped me to get used to my UMP again. I helps everyone to be able to get up to speed with the rest and feel confident with their skills to be able to tackle the more complex tasks. Don't change anything James! You have system that really works well.

Third. The teamwork portion of the class was spot on! How is that two guys like Dan and I, that have never trained together, end up working together so well like we had been doing this our whole lives? I believe it's also due to James' ability to teach and guide us in the right direction. It was so amazing how all these strangers got together and ran some very complex drills and there were practically zero issues. James, your skills and years of experience as a Marine Corps Officer really shined in this portion of the course. Ben was also a huge asset to be able to run various drills at the same time. This avoided down time between drills, give us way more trigger time than in any class I have ever taken.

I couldn't have been happier with this course, despite suffering the whole time from the pain in my arm. I have zero complaints about how this class was run, and the pace that it took. My only complaint is that I want more and will patiently wait till you come up with something that will help take ours skills to the next level. Thanks to James and Ben for making this happen. Thanks to everyone for making this course worthwhile. Especially for Dan for pushing each other in the team drills.

Al,

What excellent and positive feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to share that with me and everyone else. Your comments really resonate with what we aim to provide to the students. Having someone as experienced as yourself also helps push us to keep increasing the challenge level. At the same time, you serve as an outstanding example for the other students, while being completely approachable and generous with your own recommendations. I'll train with you anytime and look forward to taking it to the next level in the future.
    Awesome performance with that UMP too, regardless of your injury!

SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Gentlemen , forgive my late response , but I wanted to make sure this was accurate and informative as well.

First off, I would like to thank James , Ben , and our range host - Frontline defense , For creating a fun but intense training program and allowing us to conduct these drills that ordinarily would not be permitted. Its very rare to come across this type of training opportunity, so to all who read this I encourage you to sign up for classes before the word gets out and your stuck waiting for a slot to open up.

With the fundamentals having been covered during the first class, We established our zeros and got right to work. Having taken the first class in November, I was amazed at how this class seemed to pick right up where the previous one left off. Six months is adequate time to develop training scars, but a few drills with James and the class was good to go.

I will not get into detail of the various drills we ran, as my classmates have already covered that part. I would like to instead focus on my classmates, and the instruction afforded to us . We vary in age, speed and agility , and somehow James managed to instruct us all at the exact speed we needed to be taught . That is not easily accomplished. The guy on my left may be faster, the guy on my right may be slower, but James made it work flawlessly. The attention to detail and meticulous planning that went into this course is simply outstanding. If you made a mistake, you were evaluated individually and corrected immediately. If you had a question, or were unsure on how the drill was to be ran, it was addressed properly . No attitudes present here, James is as informative as he is honorable. He truly loves what he does, and his commitment to seeing his students progress is unmatched.

Again, my thanks for conducting a safe and dynamic training program, and an environment to apply the knowledge bestowed to us. I simply cannot wait until your next training session begins. Until then , OFF-BACK-ON-FORWARD !
    Mike

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NEMESISNYC View Post
    Gentlemen , forgive my late response , but I wanted to make sure this was accurate and informative as well.

First off, I would like to thank James , Ben , and our range host - Frontline defense , For creating a fun but intense training program and allowing us to conduct these drills that ordinarily would not be permitted. Its very rare to come across this type of training opportunity, so to all who read this I encourage you to sign up for classes before the word gets out and your stuck waiting for a slot to open up.

With the fundamentals having been covered during the first class, We established our zeros and got right to work. Having taken the first class in November, I was amazed at how this class seemed to pick right up where the previous one left off. Six months is adequate time to develop training scars, but a few drills with James and the class was good to go.

I will not get into detail of the various drills we ran, as my classmates have already covered that part. I would like to instead focus on my classmates, and the instruction afforded to us . We vary in age, speed and agility , and somehow James managed to instruct us all at the exact speed we needed to be taught . That is not easily accomplished. The guy on my left may be faster, the guy on my right may be slower, but James made it work flawlessly. The attention to detail and meticulous planning that went into this course is simply outstanding. If you made a mistake, you were evaluated individually and corrected immediately. If you had a question, or were unsure on how the drill was to be ran, it was addressed properly . No attitudes present here, James is as informative as he is honorable. He truly loves what he does, and his commitment to seeing his students progress is unmatched.

Again, my thanks for conducting a safe and dynamic training program, and an environment to apply the knowledge bestowed to us. I simply cannot wait until your next training session begins. Until then , OFF-BACK-ON-FORWARD !
    Mike

Mike,

Super! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from the training here. You and Jay made an outstanding team and Ben and I were motivated to see how much progression you had made, as well as how well you ran that MP5SD.
    Thanks for trusting me to square away your P30 too.

SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)

I have to say, to the awesome H&K fans and friends who attended this training, that I am truly humbled and greatly appreciative that each of you continues to make the commitment to train with us and for the outpouring of positive feedback. Being on the receiving end of this level of support is rare indeed and I am grateful for the opportunity to continue to present this training to you.
    Not only did you trust me throughout all of the challenging training, but four of you passed off your weapons afterwards for service. Being trusted to care for your H&Ks and return them to you in better condition then when they were received is a privilege.
    Rest up, keep training and I look forward to training with you again.
    SF,

James

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links