• 1 Post By Crashmc

Thread: Polymer Framed Pistols

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Polymer Framed Pistols

@Marine0303

James,

Of all of the polymer framed pistols that HK now makes is the USP the easiest of them to work on?

I read your post on the VP9 Armorer's Class and I noted you stated there were a lot of parts and probably should not be disassembled by someone that does not have some formal training.

I have embraced the USP line and that was the reason I wanted to take your USP armorer's class some time.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Last edited by Domino; 01-12-2019 at 11:17 AM.
    HK - No Compromise

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    @Marine0303

James,

Of all of the polymer framed pistols that HK now makes is the USP the easiest of them to work on?

I read your post on the VP9 Armorer's Class and I noted you stated there were a lot of parts and probably should not be disassembled by someone that does not have some formal training.

I have embraced the USP line and that was the reason I wanted to take your USP armorer's class some time.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Jeff,

The USP is the basis for all of the hammer fired pistols that followed it. What I mean is that they are all just modifications from it and are very similar in their form and function. As such, working on a P2000, P30 or HK45 is very familiar and easy if you have the basis down. Furthermore, all are rather robust in their construction.
    The VP9/40 is still a robust pistol in complete form, but some of the internal components are a bit more fragile and it really was not designed to be repeatedly and easily disassembled and reassembled.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Adding to what James just mentioned , I work on all of my HK pistols , including my P7's . I replaced a sear spring in my VP9 years ago and decided then I'll never go into one a again. There's a couple of areas that are tricky at best to deal with . I still own 4 of 'em and the stock pistol performs just fine. HK / Germans in general design stuff that doesn't really lend itself to modification , it functions just fine out of the box , especially the VP series.
    Marine0303 likes this.
    NRA Certified RSO

Be where your feet are

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I appreciate your responses! Thanks!
    HK - No Compromise

Sponsored Links