Where in San Antonio/Austin can I....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Where in San Antonio/Austin can I....

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    MrThrower's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2017
    Location : Military City, USA
    Posts : 10
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default Where in San Antonio/Austin can I....

    Find a place to rent a couple of HK's I checked the Nardis Gun club site and a few others but don't see the USP or P30 listed... any of you Texas boys have a place to recommend.
    Got Airpower...?
    Aim High... Fly-Fight-Win

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    TX_Rifleman's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2011
    Location : Austin, TX
    Posts : 140
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

    Default

    I've shot at both of these places, and just called them to make sure what they have on hand for rent. Red's Indoor Range in South Austin has the P30L and VP9 available for rent. Red's North in Pflugerville (far North Austin) has the P30 and the VP9 available.
    Happiness is a warm gun.

  3. #3
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    HKaltwasser's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2009
    Location : Dripping Springs, Tx- Just west of weird.
    Posts : 2,117
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Red's south has a P30 too, not sure about USP.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrThrower View Post
    Find a place to rent a couple of HK's I checked the Nardis Gun club site and a few others but don't see the USP or P30 listed... any of you Texas boys have a place to recommend.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Superstar's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Location : The great state of Texas
    Posts : 727
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    You might want to check The Range in Austin, I haven't been there yet but I heard they have a big selection. In Houston, check Athena.

  6. #5
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    HKaltwasser's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2009
    Location : Dripping Springs, Tx- Just west of weird.
    Posts : 2,117
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    UGH, the sterile Range at Austin. I still have money left on a gift card my wife gave to me 5 months ago. Weird place that I will probably never return to. Be prepared to have your gun in a case so it won't be confiscated while you're escorted to the range line. They told me they did this so I wasn't mistaken for a terrorist........what a joke. I felt like I was transported to an unfriendly gun state or country. I had such high hopes for that place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
    You might want to check The Range in Austin, I haven't been there yet but I heard they have a big selection. In Houston, check Athena.

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    MrThrower's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2017
    Location : Military City, USA
    Posts : 10
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TX_Rifleman View Post
    I've shot at both of these places, and just called them to make sure what they have on hand for rent. Red's Indoor Range in South Austin has the P30L and VP9 available for rent. Red's North in Pflugerville (far North Austin) has the P30 and the VP9 available.
    I've shot at Red's North a couple of years back with my brother... Maybe I can schedule something for next weekend...

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    MrThrower's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2017
    Location : Military City, USA
    Posts : 10
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HKaltwasser View Post
    UGH, the sterile Range at Austin. I still have money left on a gift card my wife gave to me 5 months ago. Weird place that I will probably never return to. Be prepared to have your gun in a case so it won't be confiscated while you're escorted to the range line. They told me they did this so I wasn't mistaken for a terrorist........what a joke. I felt like I was transported to an unfriendly gun state or country. I had such high hopes for that place.
    Thanks for the heads up... By the way if any of you are down SA way LoneStar Handgun out in Converse is a great place to shoot... all targets on the hand gun and rifle lines are interactive steel, you can move to any open bay to shoot, no limit on number of weapons, rifle goes out to 300 yards.

  9. #8
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Superstar's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Location : The great state of Texas
    Posts : 727
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    That's a pity to hear about the Range, I have encountered ranges that are strict on how you bring your weapon/s into the facility but haven't experienced nor do I want to have my weapon confiscated... @MrThrower , when you say interactive, does it mean it pops up back after hitting the target or do you mean that its a moving target?

  10. #9
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    HKaltwasser's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2009
    Location : Dripping Springs, Tx- Just west of weird.
    Posts : 2,117
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    I walked in with an MSG90 on my shoulder because the last range I went to said they didn't want big cases cluttering up walk ways etc. The magazine was out and the bolt locked back. The rifle range had table tops that were so low, I had to slide my chair back and scrunch down to get a line of sight. When I was done with that awkward session, the range officer asked for my gun back, couldn't figure how to lock the bolt back, and then escorted me to the front door.
    The whole experience is just weird and not like any place I've ever been to.

    They do have fancy displays though. It just seemed like it was built for the corporate shooter that occasionally takes his Glock out once a year. Or for the single mom that wants to buy her first pistol and get taught.......alll this is great, but it seems like their focus to me. Very Austin like.


    Quote Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
    That's a pity to hear about the Range, I have encountered ranges that are strict on how you bring your weapon/s into the facility but haven't experienced nor do I want to have my weapon confiscated... @MrThrower , when you say interactive, does it mean it pops up back after hitting the target or do you mean that its a moving target?

  11. #10
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Superstar's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Location : The great state of Texas
    Posts : 727
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    Keep Austin weird right? Very unfortunate to have experienced that and thanks for sharing, I like to boycott places where they think they are better than everyone else. I'm all for safety and it sounds like you were aware of that. Now thinking back, most of the attitude/problems have come from indoor ranges none from the outdoor ranges however you can actually count with one hand the number of outdoor ranges in Houston area and its vicinity.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •