What happened
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: What happened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What happened

I am seeing all these great reviews for TPM and that is why I sent my gun to them for work, but at this point we're starting week 4 after I was quoted a 2 week turn time and communication has been abysmal. I have emailed and called and usually get very vague BS answers. Also I called last week to check the status and they told me the parts are painted and about to be reassembled, and 2 hours later a different guy called and said that my front sight post isn't the right one to fit my new barrel which is exactly the same so not sure what they are talking about, and then suddenly the story changed to he will have to break the front sight post to get it off so I will probably have to pay for a new one and the other guy was supposed to tell me that but he doesn't talk to me ever unless I get ahold of them so that didn't happen.

All I know is the treatment I am getting is NOTHING like what everyone praises them for.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Thats disappointing....I had been wanting to send my SP5K to them for some work. Thanks for heads up.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Let's not jump to conclusions--- let's see what the response is!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Everyone can breath again, my bad getting a bit impatient and jumpy, apparently 90% of the crew is on vacation this week so production slowed down.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes, patience is a virtue. My experience is that the two TPM guys are artisans with roller locks, but they aren't the kind of guys who keep a headset on to answer calls and respond to emails. It does hurt them to not have a strong phone or online presence, but their work has kept me coming back for several builds. They are busy and can't or don't want to hire an extra person as customer service. You will find that this is a typical situation with your local muffler shop, welding shop or machine shop.. that's how I think of TPM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delasangre4231 View Post
    I am seeing all these great reviews for TPM and that is why I sent my gun to them for work, but at this point we're starting week 4 after I was quoted a 2 week turn time and communication has been abysmal. I have emailed and called and usually get very vague BS answers. Also I called last week to check the status and they told me the parts are painted and about to be reassembled, and 2 hours later a different guy called and said that my front sight post isn't the right one to fit my new barrel which is exactly the same so not sure what they are talking about, and then suddenly the story changed to he will have to break the front sight post to get it off so I will probably have to pay for a new one and the other guy was supposed to tell me that but he doesn't talk to me ever unless I get ahold of them so that didn't happen.

All I know is the treatment I am getting is NOTHING like what everyone praises them for.
    I apologize for the issue but you only talked with Ken the entire time, we were also getting an ATF Audit and had some guys go one there once a year on vacation. Things have been tough on us and we apologize again for the delay but this is not our typical operating procedure. You will get your gun and it will be perfect.
    Thanks
    Matt

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mistakes happen but what a company does to correct them separates the good ones from the ones that aren't here anymore.
    Ken & Matt were excellent in addressing a recent problem and went the "extra mile" to make in right. I would not hesitate
    to send them my next project.
    AGG and Player_To_Be_Named... like this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TPMoutfitters View Post
    I apologize for the issue but you only talked with Ken the entire time, we were also getting an ATF Audit and had some guys go one there once a year on vacation. Things have been tough on us and we apologize again for the delay but this is not our typical operating procedure. You will get your gun and it will be perfect.
    Thanks
    Matt
    See!!!

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HkCHUCK View Post
    Mistakes happen but what a company does to correct them separates the good ones from the ones that aren't here anymore.
    Ken & Matt were excellent in addressing a recent problem and went the "extra mile" to make in right. I would not hesitate
    to send them my next project.
    1000% agree!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Matt & Ken do great work. They installed a B&T barrel and a mag paddle release on my SP5K several months ago. Quick turnaround and nice guys to boot!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links