TPM Bad Experience - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: TPM Bad Experience

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

No dog in this fight (as of yet) but from what I have gleaned over the years on here is that TSC Machine, MM, DT, RDTS, and PCS appear to routinely deliver nice guns with continuous praise.

It seems that if you wander outside the circles of commonly mentioned builders, you are doing so at your own risk. Of course the disclaimer in the stock market can apply to this conversation: past performance is no guarantee of future results

MONEY PRINTER GO BRRRR
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

TPM hasn’t been online here since they posted in this thread. They’re clearly not interested in resolving these issues or preserving their reputation.

I’m sorry to hear about the problems that people have had with TPM but I’m glad they’ve been addressed on here.

I’ll be sure to stay away from TPM and go with Michael’s Machines or TSC Machine for any roller-delayed blowback gunsmithing.
    Last edited by Keith120286; 03-25-2020 at 01:34 AM.
    LRM19k likes this.

Tug
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lossiter View Post
    Many people in the H&K shooting community revere the MP5 series of firearms as the single greatest weapon they have ever owned or fired in their entire shooting career. I certainly do, and that remains unchanged over the last 30 years when at age 13, I first embarked on a life-long love affair with this weapon. I consider myself truly fortunate that I actually got to see "Die Hard" (1988) and Navy SEAL's (1990) in their original theatrical runs, showcasing these amazing weapons.

There are very, VERY few companies who can be relied upon to custom build these firearms, and even that small number continues to dwindle. Recent cases in point:

1. Investment Grade Firearms (IGF) is now closed, with the (former) owner facing the threat of both a prison sentence, and a lawsuit from the Arkansas State Attorney General, following an endless backlog of unfinished weapons and kit builds.
    2. Brethren Armament/Brethren Arms is now (presumably) closed, given the removal of their website and Facebook page, and vendor support forum from HKPRO.com, following what appeared to be the release of a series of weapons that did not reliably or properly function right out of the box, despite having a $3,000.00 - $4,000.00 price tag.

The H&K shooting community needs for TPM Outfitters to be successful in building and servicing these iconic firearms. I would hope they would please reach out aggressively to both Hayk and LRM19k, and offer to re-work their builds until they are finally satisfied, or otherwise provide a refund. This does not affect just these two people, it actually impacts us all. And I would hope TPM Outfitters can rise above the adversity, and be better in the end because of it (perhaps use a laser to set/weld the rear sights).
    Not sure I am down with this "need". I think what we need is a healthy competitive market where several honest builders specialize in narrow sub specialties. As in somebody who bends and builds from scratch. Somebody who builds belt feds. Somebody who rescues poor builds. Etc.

What we do not need is another builder who takes people's money, promises things they can never deliver, and as a result crushes the dreams of a future HK roller enthusiast. That is what we don't need. If incarceration is the last resort to prevent this, then so be it.
    JokerOne likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sent my gun into TPM again today. Matt seems pretty invested in fixing it and pissed off this ever happened.
    We will see how it goes.

If anyone else has a bad gun try getting a hold of Matt.
    mattnh and Lossiter like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a P5SD from them. Through the whole process of getting everything transfered and follow-up questions, I never had a problem with communication. The gun is fine.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tug View Post
    What we do not need is another builder who takes people's money, promises things they can never deliver, and as a result crushes the dreams of a future HK roller enthusiast. That is what we don't need. If incarceration is the last resort to prevent this, then so be it.
    I could not agree with you more. My point is that I believe there are presently fewer than 10 of these firms that offer such services, taking into account the recent closings of both Investment Grade Firearms and Brethren Armament.
    And in particular, TSC Machine does not do kit builds from unrolled receivers, despite being one of the very best and brightest.

I would like to see TPM fix both Hayk's weapon and LRM19k's weapon to a satisfaction level beyond their expectations, so that all of the rest of us can confidently rely upon them for custom builds and related armorer services and upgrades.

The thought of waiting 9 months (or longer) for an SBR project, and going to the range with 500+ rounds of ammunition for the inaugural test, only to find after all that time and money invested that the gun prints dramatically off because the rear sight was improperly welded, is a catastrophic disappointment that makes me shudder to even think about it. Both DT and PCS ship their weapons with range test targets to confirm proper zero, and I hope all others will begin to do likewise.
    Hayk likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

At this point this kinda seems like piling on. I know Ken/Matt personally have been to their shop several times and both have helped me personally on a gun/problem (not theirs) without even charging me. Both good guys IMO, I am not saying the problems above do not exist, I will bet their problems get addressed and fixed. My guess would be there have been some growing pains and I know they have moved shops again just a guess. I have several friends who have been extremely happy with their builds. They should not even be listed/mentioned in same breath as Brethren or IGF even with the above concerns. I can also speak highly of Jeff at PCS and would never hesitate to send him anything to fix have personally been to his shop and house he is 5 star all the way as well.
    TallPine likes this.
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lossiter View Post
    The thought of waiting 9 months (or longer) for an SBR project, and going to the range with 500+ rounds of ammunition for the inaugural test, only to find after all that time and money invested that the gun prints dramatically off because the rear sight was improperly welded, is a catastrophic disappointment that makes me shudder to even think about it. Both DT and PCS ship their weapons with range test targets to confirm proper zero, and I hope all others will begin to do likewise.
    Test targets are an excellent idea. My confidence in a company is increased tenfold when they go through the trouble to make sure it not only fires, but cycles, AND hits roughly where it ought to. Aint a $600 WASR.
    Luckily I was able to get mine sighted in without adjusting all the way to one side and got a couple full range trips out of it between trips to the shop, back to square one but if the guns in proper condition itll be worthwhile.
    Last edited by Hayk; 03-26-2020 at 01:03 AM.

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Real:

HK

Fake:

RDTS, DT, Ralph Jr, Ghillie

While TPM and others have done some excellent builds, for the $ now vs a HK german SP5 don't mess around........go HK or only the clone builds listed RDTS, DT, JR, GB
    HK CS1, Indreams84, Hayk and 1 others like this.
    Heckler & Koch Shooting Team
    Heckler & Koch Certified Armorer

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bystok View Post
    Real:

HK

Fake:

RDTS, DT, Ralph Jr, Ghillie

While TPM and others have done some excellent builds, for the $ now vs a HK german SP5 don't mess around........go HK or only the clone builds listed RDTS, DT, JR, GB
    Call me a dumpster diver or the guy who dates fat chicks but the omegas have been excellent sear costs at fraction of the cost of everything mentioned
    Last edited by TheColtCollector; 03-26-2020 at 04:48 PM.
    Qualified HK Sear
    PCS mp5k
    Omega mp5
    Omega SD-k
    Black Ops Defense mp5

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links